365 or 555 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffro68

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I went to buy a new saw today. Was planning on getting a 365 but got to looking at the 555 autotune was told there was $50 difference in the two the 555 being more. I wasn't sure about the 555 because first year with being computer controlled. Told him id think it over and be back tomorrow. Which is the better saw?

20 in bar would cut 90% of what I'll be using it for. I've had bad luck in the past buying something it's first year out. Wasn't sure about the computer controlled stuff.

Gonna use it mostly for limbing and firewood. Until today I never really thought much about a 555.

There is no comparison to the Triple Nickel and the 365XT. Two completely different saws, but both great firewood saws. It will all boil down to personal preference of the handling and ergonomics. The biggest issue is how big a bar you intend to run as the mount becomes an issue.

The Triple Nickel the forgotten saw.

Up here in Canada the Triple Nickel retails for $700-760 versus the 365 XT at $850-900.

The 555 is 2 lbs lighter and felt better balanced with a 20 inch bar but I know how dependable the 365 is and not sure about a computer on a saw especially the first year out.

I've read on here the autotune has been around 5 or 6 years. Is that what the dealer told me was a computer controlled saw and if so why'd he say it's the first year out. Don't mean to sound like a dum a## but haven't been around the new technology much.

I have a 55 rancher that you helped me fix it was a plugged vent thank you nmurph. I told my son he could have it if it gets fixxed so this will be my only saw.

I've read on here the autotune has been around 5 or 6 years. Is that what the dealer told me was a computer controlled saw and if so why'd he say it's the first year out. Don't mean to sound like a dum a## but haven't been around the new technology much.

That dealer has been sleeping in "class" - like too many dealers do...

Back