365 special???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flushcut

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I also have this posted in the tree care and climbing forum. I was wondering if this is a worthy saw for the ground crew? I have several other huskys and want something cheaper for them to beat on. :cheers:

I also have this posted in the tree care and climbing forum. I was wondering if this is a worthy saw for the ground crew? I have several other huskys and want something cheaper for them to beat on. :cheers:

worthy is an understatement! great ground saw! a 20" bar is perfect for these saws even tho you can go larger! I recently ported a 372 (which is just 2mm bigger than the 365) and its one of the baddest saws (power-weight wise) i've ever handled. your ground guys would love it!

Last time a power line crew came through here, they were using hydraulic saws in the buckets and Jonsered 2165's on the ground.

The owner of the company bought 2165's direct from Tilton by the pallet; probably pissed a local dealer off. But that saw was a great choice; close to bulletproof and enough power to do what needs to be done. I'd choose a 50cc hot-rod saw myself, and have a big saw on the truck for the occasional big stem, but the 2165 can be toted all day without too much trouble.

And is so much easier on the eyes than the husky!

I have a 2008 model 365, brought it second hand a little while back so I could use my MS180 with a carving bar. It has a 20" Oregon Powermatch bar.

Got the chance to properly put it through its paces for the first time today in 20"-30" Leylandii, not the hardest of woods but the saw absolutely sailed through! Except when I kept hitting the ground and blunting it cos I'm used to a 16" bar, need to get a feel for where the end is when I can't see it :greenchainsaw:

cheers,
Joe

I've seen 359's run and thought about getting one, but something about the 365 special makes it my go to saw if I were to get into the Husqvarna's.

If I were a Husqvarna guy I would definitely have more than one 365 regular for that matter and the special also. I think they are the most underated saw in the Husky lineup,Good for those that already know this as they sell for hundreds less than the 372.
Pioneerguy600

I am extremely glad to see that...... I just posted a question of comparrison in the "Husqvarna flagship 372" thread. If you have used both I would appreciate a response, :) thanks.

I have used both, the 372 is my pick, I don't care what anyone else has to say-they are the same thing, blah, blah, they are not. Heard the same bs years ago, a 61 is not a 266XP either.

Okay this is what I have in my pack 334t 338xpt 350 346xpne 357xp 372xp 385xp 3120xp. The 334t and 350 are for the crew and the rest are mine yes I am a greedy SOB but oh well I bought them all and the crew god bless them are very hard on bars and chain and the saw in general. They even burned a bar in a day yes the oiler was working and the chain sharp what happened your guess is as good as mine. So that is why I was looking at the 365 to save my 372 or other xp saw from the hands of the trencher ie the crew. I am thankful for all of your input guys. :cheers:

Last time a power line crew came through here, they were using hydraulic saws in the buckets and Jonsered 2165's on the ground.

The owner of the company bought 2165's direct from Tilton by the pallet; probably pissed a local dealer off. But that saw was a great choice; close to bulletproof and enough power to do what needs to be done. I'd choose a 50cc hot-rod saw myself, and have a big saw on the truck for the occasional big stem, but the 2165 can be toted all day without too much trouble.

And is so much easier on the eyes than the husky!

Great saw 2165/365, but likely won't be produced for much longer. And as a dealer I'd be pissed as well@ Tilton. Any distributor who sells out the backdoor is just hurting the dealers they claim to be supporting. It's no wonders dealers are going out of business.

Back