371XP price chk (115 comp.)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakeboarder3780

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well the saw I was looking at getting came back with a compression of 115. What would you guys say this is worth? I'd imagine I'm going to have to replace the piston and cylinder to get it running with the power it should?

Let me know what you guys think.

How much are they asking? Can you replace the P/C yourself, or do you have to pay someone to do it?

I get really irritated when people try to tell me their burnt out saw is worth $200. A saw that needs work to run properly is not worth more than $80-$100 less if it's not in real nice shape otherwise. Ebay aside, even if you can fix it yourself shop rate is at least $40-50 an hour plus the cost of oem parts... Or at least that's what I tell people when I'm trying to buy a saw.

I get really irritated when people try to tell me their burnt out saw is worth $200. A saw that needs work to run properly is not worth more than $80-$100 less if it's not in real nice shape otherwise. Ebay aside, even if you can fix it yourself shop rate is at least $40-50 an hour plus the cost of oem parts... Or at least that's what I tell people when I'm trying to buy a saw.

Yup, for sure. I even have a hard time paying $75 for a burned out saw. Here is a 371 I got that I rebuilt. I got it for free, but it needed allot of work.

attachment.php

The guy wants 300 so I guess I'm going to have to pass on this one. It's unfortunate if the compression would have been good it would have been a decent deal. I guess I'll have to wait around some more.

Well the saw I was looking at getting came back with a compression of 115. What would you guys say this is worth? I'd imagine I'm going to have to replace the piston and cylinder to get it running with the power it should?

Let me know what you guys think.

What are you checking the compression with? There can be a lower reading than actual, depending on what you use. How does the saw feel and how does it run? Can you pop the muffler and take a look? Piston and rings is less $$ than the whole jug kit.

Back