372/2171 port timing ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jredjim

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have searched and not found what I am looking for, I am wondering if someone could give me the optimum port timing for my 2171
EX., Int., transfers. open close and durations. It is a 372 BB P/C that I have ported very mildly (Ex widened & raised back to stock with base gasket removed to .028" squish, transfers to stock height and cleaned up throughout, Intake widened slightly and cleaned up) and want more, muffler has been modded also. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

No clue on the porting, but welcome to AS (a little late, but better late then never). Always glad to see another JRed man! :cheers:

hello well thanks plantbio, Im not real new I joined about two years ago but have moved and changed e-mails, lost passwords ect.. so i registered again. I have gotten some ideas so i will toy some more and give it a shot....whats the worst a new P/C...I gonna take squish to .020" and move on from there.

I would never claim to have the best numbers, but Gypo did once. LOL

I plugged them in a 372 and it ran rather well.

Search for Gypo, Ken Dunn, and 372. You'll find it.

Fred

Back