372 work info?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rickyrooster

rickyrooster

ArboristSite Guru
hello, I was reading where gypo logger did a thread on porting a 372 work saw. i would like to read it but cannot find the thread. i have searched several times for this but have come up with nothing. does anyone know the title of this thread? thanks, rick!

Gypo Logger

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
The naysayers who now reside in the "Chicken Coop", derailed that thread I believe and it was deleted.
There seemed to be a particular resentment directed at anyone who had the audacity to want to talk saw mods and port timing figures without having to pay for it.
Regardless, we all ran the gauntlet and those that wanted to stem the tide were tarred, feathered and ran out on a rail.
I will post the original figures for the 372 if that is what you are looking for Tony and if I hear any flack from the Momma's Boy Brigade I'll post some figures from my 359HT too.
John

Toneman

Toneman

Makin Chips
Hey John, don't worry about posting them, I will give you a call or come see you. It's been a while since I've been out your way so it will be a good trip.
Thanks, and I will talk to you soon
Tony

manual

manual

Addicted to ArboristSite
You have got to be kidding me. John's post was deleted.
That post is one reason why I started to participate on this site.
So what you are telling me and other members is that there is censorship going on.
Did you ever hear of freedom of speech.
Maybe we should have a vote to see if that post should stay on here.
Please tell me. Who ever you maybe to have such power not to let John post information on chainsaws like basis saw mods. Just what do you want us to talk about. After all this is a Chainsaw forum.

Freakingstang

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
before you go barking up the wrong tree. Johns numbers were in a thread that was deleted because of some members that are no longer here. Had nothing to do with actual numbers. The post was a pissing match for fire fighters....to many pissers and not enough fires....John will post them again, just chill out an wait. He is a busy guy.

-Steve

Mr.

being watched
Yeah a pretty heated discussion insued.

The mods did right on that one. It made us look like we are walking into walls. Sober.

Fred

HiOctane

HiOctane

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
fanyone still know the numbers for this saw, or atleast a good running 372 xp or BB?

Here is a copy and paste from Gypo post i have saved.

Since the "Basic Saw Modifications" thread was such a resounding success and after the deluge of PM's I got asking for specific figures, I thought it only fair that I would include them here.
The interest shown in building and improving our motors is what this site is all about lately, which is a good thing.
Anyway, firstly I would like to give the stock figures for the 372. All duration measurements are taken from the outside edge of the top of the combustion chamber in millimeteres and duration measurements are taken degrees with a degree wheel.

Stock 372 Figures
Intake 140 degrees - 58.5 mm
Exhaust 160 degrees- 24.5 mm
Transfers 116 degrees- 30.5mm
squish- 43 thou.

Modified 372 Figures
Intake 161 degrees- 61mm
Exhaust 170 degrees- 22.5 mm
Transfers 124 degrees- 28.5 mm
Squish 20 thou. approx.
Anyway, these figures should get you started and good luck and hope you build a fast saw and have fun as well.
John

Latest posts