372 X-Torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy,
I think that everything original could be used, just cast the cylinder with the free air port blanked out.
Regards
Gregg

Don't blank it out, design a system to get fuel/air mixture to flow through both the strato port AND the charging port. This way, the saw would be running like a regular 2-stroke: using the air/fuel mixture to scavenge the cylinder. Compare this to the stratos that attempt to use just air for scavenging yet the air ends up diluting the incoming air/fuel charge.

Don't blank it out, design a system to get fuel/air mixture to flow through both the strato port AND the charging port. This way, the saw would be running like a regular 2-stroke: using the air/fuel mixture to scavenge the cylinder. Compare this to the stratos that attempt to use just air for scavenging yet the air ends up diluting the incoming air/fuel charge.

Could that be done by simply removing the partition in the intake that seperates mix from fresh? Might present some problems getting the stock carb to provide the correct mixture though?

Just curious: Since you're a Stihl guy, which way would you guys go if you had a similar choice. If the 440 was still on the shelf next to the 441, what would you guess the sales mix would be of the two models? I always thought the 440 was one of Stihls best ever, so my guess is that they'd still be selling pretty strong.

Actually, yes, I do lean towards Stihl, but honestly, if I were to buy a 70cc saw, I might spring for the 576. The strato design is so much more elegant than the Stihl iteration.

Just curious: Since you're a Stihl guy, which way would you guys go if you had a similar choice. If the 440 was still on the shelf next to the 441, what would you guess the sales mix would be of the two models? I always thought the 440 was one of Stihls best ever, so my guess is that they'd still be selling pretty strong.

It would sell so good the 441 would be on the chopping block if not already chopped.:D

:agree2:

Could be Brian, he tried selling me a new 3120 for a nice price. lol

Said he was down that way somewhere, and left the techlite bar :cry: I wanted to see it

The Husky rep told me it would easily outcut the 576

That's an example of a salesguy's enthusiasm getting the best of him. :cheers:

It won't outcut the 576AT, but is probably equal to the regular 576, which is hard to get just right. Truth is, and this applies to every brand: Most sales reps don't know how to tune their demos. They run them just how they come out of the box. If they happen to get one that's right in it's sweet spot, it's great, but if it's off a little bit, that's the way it stays. :)

Back to the 372XT; however they run, they are mighty popular and are on backorder again. They are air freighting a few containers in to speed things up.

Good point Spike. I just dont understand the reasoning of the 576, with the 372 coming back into production, just being stratoed.

Oh well, Long Live the King!
:)

Good point Spike. I just dont understand the reasoning of the 576, with the 372 coming back into production, just being stratoed.

Oh well, Long Live the King!
:)

The original plan was to replace the 372xp with the 575xp - they just underestimated the legendary status of the 372xp!

Even though the 372xp officially was discontinued in the US, production never stopped - so it was easy to bring it back in, when their EPA credits allowed it - the demand was always there!

Last edited:
Back