372 X-Torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obtained a 6month old and used already by a faller 372XT today from Walkers... It's had its run as stock and has now been worked over with a older 372 ported muffler, ignition and whatever else Don felt like doing to it. I'll be using it to buck doug fir firewood so it'll get lots of run time.

Brand new 28" TechLite bar, skip tooth chisel.

Should be fun, Vid's to follow...

Last edited:
Well it's good more people are getting them now. Maybe we'll get a couple different reports on how they are liked or disliked.

Obtained a 6month old and used already by a faller 372XT today from Walkers... It's had its run as stock and has now been worked over with a older 372 ported muffler, ignition and whatever else Don felt like doing to it. I'll be using it to buck doug fir firewood so it'll get lots of run time.

Brand new 28" TechLite bar, skip tooth chisel.

Should be fun, Vid's to follow...

Hey man! Nice to see another Vancouver Islander on here. I'm down in Victoria.

Welcome!

Well it's good more people are getting them now. Maybe we'll get a couple different reports on how they are liked or disliked.

Yeah, and hopefully I'll be one of them. :givebeer:

I'm supposed to get a dozen this week that have been on backorder for the past month or so. I'm down to just 5 of the original XP's and my last XPW, so I hope they actually ship those things.

The owner of the local shop hates 576's but has sent out a few ported 372XT's and has nothing but good words for them. The several that he has ported are impressive runners. Seems like the real deal from the internals that I've seen, pretty slick transfer and piston design - Sam

Thanks.
How's the firewood market down there?, I hear Arbutus is worth a decent dollar, I've got lots if your intrested in being a middle man..

Ya there is good $$ I think in Arbutus. I've never sold firewood so I'm not totally sure. Most of what people by around here get Doug Fir. PM me and we'll talk. I might be interested, but I'm pretty busy usually.

I can still find no documentation on it but the IPL from april, but I guess the specs are pretty close to the Jonsered 2172 ones.

As expected, both power rating and weight is between the 372 and 576 ones - the surprice being that max power is at a high 10,200rpm!

2172 OM w. specs.

I can still find no documentation on it but the IPL from april, but I guess the specs are pretty close to the Jonsered 2172 ones.

As expected, both power rating and weight is between the 372 and 576 ones - the surprice being that max power is at a high 10,200rpm!

2172 OM w. specs.

That is of course "in the wood", not that maximum no load speed, which is now 13,000 rather than the 13,500 of the original.

What I really found interesting about that link is that the 2166 is included in the manual. I haven't been able to confirm that they were actually going to make that saw or not, or when. (Nobody seems to know for sure from either the Red or Orange side of the family.) Looks to be an error there however, as there is no way that it would have the same displacement as the 2172.

... What I really found interesting about that link is that the 2166 is included in the manual. I haven't been able to confirm that they were actually going to make that saw or not, or when. (Nobody seems to know for sure from either the Red or Orange side of the family.) Looks to be an error there however, as there is no way that it would have the same displacement as the 2172.

I suspect a misprint/error as well, regarding the bore and cc of the 2166! :agree2:

I suspect a misprint/error as well, regarding the bore and cc of the 2166! :agree2:

And they've done the same thing on the Husky side of the family. Finally got my backordered 372XT's in today, and the owners manual does list a 365XT, so I guess there's one on the way. But they made the same mistake as in the Jonsered book by listing the 365 as the same displacement as the 372, but with the same lower power rating as they show for the 2166.

I know that the 2166/365XT won't generate the same interest here on the site as the 72's, but if they maintain the same price differential, they hit an important price point and actually sell pretty good.

I'm attending a Husky meeting next week, so maybe I'll be able to fill in some of the blank spots here.

I am sure there soon will be a new edition of both manuals!

...but there is a slight possibility that they reduced the power in another way of cource.....:givebeer:

Latest posts

Back