372 X-Torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to run my 372XT in a work environment this weekend. Finished it's first tank of fuel from the CT GTG a couple weeks ago. Other than the handles feeling just a little different, there was nothing there to make you think you were running anything other than a good ole 372. (Except it goes longer on a tank of gas.) Power and acceleration were both there. The one Barney34 has is more broken in and has gained some snort from when new. I guess I can relax now and accept the notion that the 372 really hasn't gone away. Truth is, most people won't notice anything has changed any more than they noticed when the 390XP switched from a Tilly to a Walbro carb, which was not at all.

As far as the update from that meeting, it was mostly about the spring L&G program and that sort of thing. There was a 555 there along with another 560. The 555 looked identicle to the 560. No specs, and no pricing. I still don't know what the displacement is going to be on the 555. We are still supposed to be able to order them by the end of the year. Told my rep to order me a couple dozen as soon as he has the product code. (First one goes to J.Walker) They were billed as replacements for the 359/357, so I believe that chassis will go away. If it does, there will be Jonsered versions of the new 500's. Most dealers in the room had never seen them before, and it was hilarious to hear the comments. A lot of guys thought they were ugly as sin. LOL

Something is going to happen with the 346 at some point going the X-torq route. I don't know if that means an update like on the 372, or a whole new saw. No details at all other than it's gonna change. Probably not for a year or more.

Something is going to happen with the 346 at some point going the X-torq route. I don't know if that means an update like on the 372, or a whole new saw. No details at all other than it's gonna change. Probably not for a year or more.

Some Swedes have been talking about 550xp and 2012, but I have no idea how well they really know....:)

Here's a promotional video for 560 Husky has up on there youtube site.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4jo02kjn_Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4jo02kjn_Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I have a 372XPW coming in and along w/full wrap it's supposed to be a 75cc.

ser# 2010 2300265

Nevah used a full wrap but I guess I'll give it a whirl...

Don't see the point of a 365XT with a 560 and 372XT available personally.

Well, the "point" has always been the price point, but the model mix is certainly kind of crowded with a 365XT thrown in. With a $150 price gap between it and the 372, the 365 has sold reasonably well. In addition to the 560/562, which I expect to be priced about $50 higher than a 365XT, there will be the 555. I'm guessing that the 555 would be $50-$75 less than a 365XT.

But the 555/560/562 is a way way better chassis than the 357/359, with the lighter weight being the game changer here. The 357/359 was too close in weight, (and price), to the 365/372. Many people would pick them both up and figured they should just go with the larger saw. That will play out differently now.

Seems like the 2166 will play a more important role for Jonsered because their versions of the new 500's, (assuming they get them), will no doubt arrive much later than the Huskys.

I have a 372XPW coming in and along w/full wrap it's supposed to be a 75cc.

ser# 2010 2300265

Nevah used a full wrap but I guess I'll give it a whirl...

Don't count on it. With that serial number you've got an X-Torq on the way.

The first X-torq's I received back in June were made in week 14 of this year, and your's was made in week 23. The last 75cc XPW's I got just before they ran out were made in weeks 49 and 50 of 2009.

The first X-torq's I received back in June were made in week 14 of this year, and your's was made in week 23. The last 75cc XPW's I got just before they ran out were made in weeks 49 and 50 of 2009.

O SNAP! What are we gonna call this one? 372xpwxtne? Either way, as you have stated, its hard to tell the difference xt or not

Well, I'm a gambler, but I'll not take odds on a game w/which I'm not familiar.

"Made in the 23 week & should have 75cc stamped on the metal ID tag, on the crankcase along w/serial number per Husky customer support and it is an X torque motor."

That's the notation I have from talking w/Husky CS this morning, for what it's worth.

I talked to the guy that pulled the saw, when I placed the order, and asked him if it was a 71 or 75cc and he tells me 75.

In fact he sez he knows what I'm talking about coz someone else asked him and talked to Husky, blah, blah. blah.

He didn't say if it had X-torque or not & I'm not sure what that even means other than some advertising hype.

If it's 75cc is it supposed to be an X-torque?

If it doesn't say X-torque is it supposed to be 71cc?

Clue a fella in when ya have the time there spike...

------------------------
If it's a 71cc then it's going back, if nothing else, for basic BS principle and I'll look around some more...

Last edited:
If it's 75cc is it supposed to be an X-torque?

If it doesn't say X-torque is it supposed to be 71cc?

Clue a fella in when ya have the time there spike...

------------------------
If it's a 71cc then it's going back, if nothing else, for basic BS principle and I'll look around some more...

The XT has only showed up in 71cc so far, as far as I know! :)

So, if it's an XT then the ID tag should show 71cc instead of 75, correct?
---------------
Called CS again. xp & xpg 71cc, xpw 75, all motors are x-torque

Last edited:
Well, the ol' 365 had a number of fans, so it doesn't really matter to Husky what you and I think of the model! :cheers:

Yep, has been obvious with the previous models and as Spike has said, with these models it is "certainly kind of crowded" and at the end of the day, it's what makes the bucks for Husky.

Drop the little extra cost in manufacturing the 365XT and discount the 372XT the difference. :)

Well, with the crowding of the 50-60cc saws, the same can't be said with the 70-80cc saws with 12-16cc's between them. Obviously the sales are higher in the smaller brackets, but the 372 could have been 76.5cc (52mm). Look how popular the 51.4mm bores have been. Dolmar and Stihl can make a high 70's saw.

Well, the "point" has always been the price point, but the model mix is certainly kind of crowded with a 365XT thrown in. With a $150 price gap between it and the 372, the 365 has sold reasonably well. In addition to the 560/562, which I expect to be priced about $50 higher than a 365XT, there will be the 555. I'm guessing that the 555 would be $50-$75 less than a 365XT.

But the 555/560/562 is a way way better chassis than the 357/359, with the lighter weight being the game changer here. The 357/359 was too close in weight, (and price), to the 365/372. Many people would pick them both up and figured they should just go with the larger saw. That will play out differently now.

Seems like the 2166 will play a more important role for Jonsered because their versions of the new 500's, (assuming they get them), will no doubt arrive much later than the Huskys.

Good points AUSSIE and Spike......

Yep, has been obvious with the previous models and as Spike has said, with these models it is "certainly kind of crowded" and at the end of the day, it's what makes the bucks for Husky.

Drop the little extra cost in manufacturing the 365XT and discount the 372XT the difference. :)

Well, with the crowding of the 50-60cc saws, the same can't be said with the 70-80cc saws with 12-16cc's between them. Obviously the sales are higher in the smaller brackets, but the 372 could have been 76.5cc (52mm). Look how popular the 51.4mm bores have been. Dolmar and Stihl can make a high 70's saw.

This is the kind of data that really sheds some light on what Husqvarna Group, as a whole, is doing/planning on doing. I will admit that I did not think Husky would continue the 372 in any form and go with the 576 chassis. Well.....I was wrong and I can see a 2172wh in my future real soon.

I would be REALLY surprised if a 75cc X Torq model would show up. As AUSSIE noted, Stihl and Dolmar have owned that upper 70cc saw range for a long tome. That being said I would not discount Husky with some kind of future entry into that cc class. Can anybody picture a 576 frame with a factory big bore kit? With Stihl rumored to be working on a ms461, I think the 576 would be the perfect platform to compete in the upper 70cc range. I can hear the same remarks being made when the 390xp came into production (compared to the 385)......"This is what the 576 should have been." Having owned a 575xp briefly and run several 576's, they are well built, smooth and just an overall excellent addition to Husky's lineup. Just think that power/weight ratio needs to be addressed.

Side note, anybody notice those new dawgs on the 560xp? Spike, can't wait to see an ipl for that saw!

Happy cutting....

Back