372 X-Torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm a gambler, but I'll not take odds on a game w/which I'm not familiar.

"Made in the 23 week & should have 75cc stamped on the metal ID tag, on the crankcase along w/serial number per Husky customer support and it is an X torque motor."

That's the notation I have from talking w/Husky CS this morning, for what it's worth.

I talked to the guy that pulled the saw, when I placed the order, and asked him if it was a 71 or 75cc and he tells me 75.

In fact he sez he knows what I'm talking about coz someone else asked him and talked to Husky, blah, blah. blah.

He didn't say if it had X-torque or not & I'm not sure what that even means other than some advertising hype.

If it's 75cc is it supposed to be an X-torque?

If it doesn't say X-torque is it supposed to be 71cc?

Clue a fella in when ya have the time there spike...

------------------------
If it's a 71cc then it's going back, if nothing else, for basic BS principle and I'll look around some more...

As of now, there is only one cylinder for the 372XT, W or otherwise. The new "W" is simply a saw with the wrap handle and larger dogs

The ID tag doesn't have the CC noted on it. But, there is a way to tell if the saw is a 75cc model. The key is the product code just above the serial number. The first 5 digits for the saw should be 96574. My tag also says 372XPW, but I don't know if that was also on the earlier 71cc saws.

Thanks spike. Obviously enough I'm clueless and only sharing what I've been told.

The guy selling the saw sez yeah and I called CS twice in the same day and they agreed.

Of course that doesn't always mean that they are right.

I'll save that code and I guess you'd also know the 5 digit code if it's a 71cc?

I'm sure you're right and I'm sure I'll send it back on the matter of principle.

This should be so easy to confirm. I'm at a loss why there isn't a data bank identifying various aspects of the Husqvarna line through the serial numbers.

Hell, that's the way I'd do it, but alas no one asked...

Don't count on it. With that serial number you've got an X-Torq on the way.

The first X-torq's I received back in June were made in week 14 of this year, and your's was made in week 23. The last 75cc XPW's I got just before they ran out were made in weeks 49 and 50 of 2009.

Spike,

Just unboxed a 372, 2010 2300327, its not an x-torq, jsut the plain ole mahle cylinder, even pulled the top covers for a look, same ole 372 I have been selling for years.

Spike,

Just unboxed a 372, 2010 2300327, its not an x-torq, jsut the plain ole mahle cylinder, even pulled the top covers for a look, same ole 372 I have been selling for years.

Now that's really interesting. I wonder what would happen if I enter the old product code on web order. I'll let ya know.

Doesn't work. Automatically superceded up to the X-Torq number.

Your's might be different due to being up in Canada.

Last edited:
A shot of the ECI tag on a X-Torq saw.

DSC_0047.jpg

Now that's really interesting. I wonder what would happen if I enter the old product code on web order. I'll let ya know.

I dont have the pnc here as I am at home, care to fire off the x-torq pnc and I will see if it is even on my order list. Great reps up here, blah, blah,blah x-torq this xtorq that and poof my fall booking order I get good ole regular 372xp's!! I ordered in 20 of them (thinking they were x-torqs) I will find the most recent build week and post it.

Mine is supposed to be here in a day or two, but I'll venture to bet that the 390 I bought from Doug, that was shipped today, will beat the 372 in arriving.

As previously stated, if the 372 is a 71cc it's going back to whence it came & I'll run the 390 in its stead.

My bases are covered one way or the other, but I really want a 372 in 75cc trim...

Handled a 372XT today in a John Deere store. I'd love to give one a whirl. Gotta' say a 372 that goes a little farther on a tank don't sound all that bad.

I received the saws @ noon, opened the 390 first, the 372 says 372XP on the starter side logo sticker/decal w/small x-torque below that and on the top of the air filter cover there's a epa-sticker that says 71cc.

The metal ID plate says 372XP serial # 2010 2300265

Product code: 965(model:372) 96(point of origin:

Nebraska) 87(either heated grips or full wrap )--

00(according to Husky rep)

Husqvarna AB Husqvarna Sweden

Spike was right, the first 5 digits of the product

code should read 96574 if it is a 74.7cc motor.

I contacted my salesman and he's gonna have the big brown truck swing by & pick it up.

Last edited:
I received the saws @ noon, opened the 390 first, the 372 says 372XP on the starter side logo sticker/decal w/small x-torque below that and on the top of the air filter cover there's a epa-sticker that says 71cc.

My product code........965 70 24-51.............

Product code 965 is the same for a 346xp so it does not denote a model number............gee what great reps we have!
965 03 02-65 455 saw complete
965 41-04-50 346 w 15"
965 16 76-01 346 powerhead only

mmmmmmmmmmm...........its always great being lost

Everything in parenthesis is what the rep said the preceding numbers represented.

I recognized his Jersey accent as the same guy, that I gave the serial # to a week ago while the saw was in transit, that "confirmed" it as a 74.7cc model...

He also said that I was a little rude when, after he originally couldn't answer my CC question, I told him to find out the answer.

I need to do rep work from the house.

Last edited:
I dont have the pnc here as I am at home, care to fire off the x-torq pnc and I will see if it is even on my order list. Great reps up here, blah, blah,blah x-torq this xtorq that and poof my fall booking order I get good ole regular 372xp's!! I ordered in 20 of them (thinking they were x-torqs) I will find the most recent build week and post it.

Well out of the 20 of them the most recnt build number is 2010 2300421 and all are pnc 965 70 24-51.

Point of origin, huh? Nebraska? I wonder if he made that up right then. Gotta respect a guy who can think on his feet I suppose. :laugh:

Point of origin, huh? Nebraska? I wonder if he made that up right then. Gotta respect a guy who can think on his feet I suppose. :laugh:

What you never heard of Nebraska, Sweden..........its right beside the Carl Gustav plant! Same place they make the 600cc orange-strato-toilet lid device!

I wish I had more time during the day at work to voice my opinions to my rep and 2 national distribution warehouses/and senior service techs. Five different answers to the same question all the time.........there has to be somebody that has taken the time to learn there job...........the 372xp x-torq is begining the remind me of the 435 vs 440 fiasco.......0.2 more hp.from where the e-series recoild housing or the tool less adjuster............

For Sale 2010 old school 372XP's!

"Gotta respect a guy who can think on his feet"

The guy was none too quick and gave all indications of being a shoe-in for Luca Brasi.

"Husqvarna Corleone, I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to purchase an orange wood eater on the day of your daughter's wedding. And I hope their first chainsaw be a masculine chainsaw. I pledge my never-ending loyalty to Husky, Nebraska..."

I believe the market is the clue, as the XT hasn't appeared anywhere but in the US, afaik!

My product code........965 70 24-51.............

Product code 965 is the same for a 346xp so it does not denote a model number............gee what great reps we have!
965 03 02-65 455 saw complete
965 41-04-50 346 w 15"
965 16 76-01 346 powerhead only

mmmmmmmmmmm...........its always great being lost

If we collected enough of those numbers, with suitable added info, I believe we could get pretty close to either "de-coding" them, or concluding that they are not sufficiently systematic to do that. The very differerent 346 numbers in the quote is not very promising in that respect......

Last edited:
Any body care to post a pnc for the 372xp x-torq?

This has really got me thinking about things, I have a 2008 353 non-e-tech (no cat muff, no green fuel cap,etc........)has to be something to do with different markets........there must be build sheets to go along with each individual pnc.

Any body care to post a pnc for the 372xp x-torq?

This has really got me thinking about things, I have a 2008 353 non-e-tech (no cat muff, no green fuel cap,etc........)has to be something to do with different markets........there must be build sheets to go along with each individual pnc.

Over here, we have the choise of cat or no cat, you even have to pay extra if you want the cat versions - of course very few does! :givebeer:

My old Husky dealer (retiered by now) told me that he had sold one saw with a cat in his time, and he ended up changing the cat muffler out for a standard one, on warranty. It was a 242xp, before cat mufflers had anything to do with EPA etc.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back