372 xpw 75cc, 372xp 71cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a pretty short bar on that 372. Are you running an 8 pin on that? I'd bet she'd pull an 8 pin pretty well with a 20" bar (or whatever length that is).

I recall a very reputable saw builder (E_H_P) mentioning that the 75cc XPW has a lot more potential than the 78cc Bailey's BB kit. The main reason behind this observation was that the head volume of the XPW p/c was much smaller so you get much better compression than with the Bailey's BB kit.

That being said, I freshened up an old 365 with a Bailey's BB kit, bumping it up to 78cc, and the saw kicked a$$. Then I saw some racing results from up north and realized that Timberwolf could get even more out of this set up.

So, I sent him my saw. Now, it's about all I can do to hang onto this thing while it sinks a 28" bar through red oak with an 8 pin. It's just crazy!

Yes I'm running a 8 pin on my saw.
I like your idea of bumping up the 365. What new model Jonsered would I need to do the same thing? Is there a smaller saw other than a 2171?
I like the idea of a sleeper saw

Yes I'm running a 8 pin on my saw.
I like your idea of bumping up the 365. What new model Jonsered would I need to do the same thing? Is there a smaller saw other than a 2171?
I like the idea of a sleeper saw

I think its the 2165, I know the 362xp, 365, 373 are the same bottom ends.

+1 yep it would be the 2165, It is 200 bucks cheaper than a 2171 :jawdrop:in my area I just happened to ask today.

Back