372 xpw vs. 575xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last 372 50mm I did last year was stronger than my 390. It was ported and the squish tightened but I don't know what was done as it was done when I got it. The 372 was faster with 30" bars and full comp in a piece of oak around 25". A 372 will do everything a 390 will do except for bars over 32".

Pretty much! :) call me crazy but yeah!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Yeah, your crazy... But isn't everybody?:msp_smile:
No seriously There is no comparison between a 372 and a 385, let alone a 390. A raced up 372 might be able to come close to a 390 if the bars are kept short, but thats it. 390's are hotter stock, and they're like 20cc bigger and I'm pretty sure they're newer technology.

Oh and correct me if I'm wrong but XP means pro, W means full wrap handle, and G means heated grips right?
I know you can get pretty much any XP as an XPW.
Does the W get you more power?

No seriously There is no comparison between a 372 and a 385, let alone a 390. A raced up 372 might be able to come close to a 390 if the bars are kept short, but thats it. 390's are hotter stock, and they're like 20cc bigger and I'm pretty sure they're newer technology.

Oh and correct me if I'm wrong but XP means pro, W means full wrap handle, and G means heated grips right?

An xpw ported correctly makes a ported 7900 run and hide and will beat a 390xp up to a 32" bar. IMO that is :)

Which ones a 50mm 372 and which ones a 390?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oDWe4qHkJT4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Yawui3Owy24" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you want a xpw/51.4 so bad just order up the correct p&c, it has the torque advantage over the 372, yet I fail to see any advantage apart from weight versus the 575/576.
My 375 rips all the same with an 8 pin and 15-24" on it.

375xp is the 372xpw without the w (a marketing test that failed......they should have tried 372xpHO or something) and up here when I order a 372xpw it comes with the low cover/filter and a regular half wrap handle and still says xpw.

In the case of the 372, yes. XPdubs were 75cc as opposed to the 70.7cc norm. 357s are extremely rare as an xpw and I've never seen a 346xpw.

I would imagine vid#2 was the 372xpw @ 20.25 and vid#1 the 390xp @21.53

Therefor makin the 372xpw 6% faster than a 390xp with a 30" bar in Im guessin 25" oak?

Therefor makin the 372xpw 6% faster than a 390xp with a 30" bar in Im guessin 25" oak?

But You failed to notice that the chain was on backwards on the 390 . The 390 was also run on a worser bar oil than the 372 . Good googamooga , can't You spot a rigged test ? :laugh:

In the case of the 372, yes. XPdubs were 75cc as opposed to the 70.7cc norm. 357s are extremely rare as an xpw and I've never seen a 346xpw.

But were ALL W's 75 cc's? I 've heard there are actually some w's floating around that aren't. Maybe that's why Andre has felt a difference in the w's he's tested????

Yeah, looks like the first one has grip inserts, and the second one doesn't. I'll watch the videos later.

Can't wait to hear the full story:msp_smile:
The saws did have the same chain on them right?:msp_smile:
Seriously thanks for the videos.

Yeah, looks like the first one has grip inserts, and the second one doesn't. I'll watch the videos later.

Can't wait to hear the full story:msp_smile:
The saws did have the same chain on them right?:msp_smile:
Seriously thanks for the videos.

Those vids were done by Mike. Im sure what you saw is the full story.

But were ALL W's 75 cc's? I 've heard there are actually some w's floating around that aren't. Maybe that's why Andre has felt a difference in the w's he's tested????

Not all 372xpw's are 75cc's.Would someone post the years the 75cc 372xpw was made and the 71cc 372xpw.All the new 372xpw's are just 71cc's with full wrap and big dawgs and probabaly xt's.I know it will say on the top cover which cc it is but it should have something on the jug to.

Yep same b/c about 10 minutes apart on the videos. The 372 wasn't an xpw either. It was a 71cc version that I entered in the buildoff last spring. I just wanted to see which was faster at the time. That was a couple days before terrys gtg. Both had pins on them. That was full comp square ground with the rakers a little lower than .025".

I think sometime in late 06 early 07 is when the xpw=75cc

Yep same b/c about 10 minutes apart on the videos. The 372 wasn't an xpw either. It was a 71cc version that I entered in the buildoff last spring. I just wanted to see which was faster at the time. That was a couple days before terrys gtg. Both had pins on them. That was full comp square ground with the rakers a little lower than .025".

I think sometime in late 06 early 07 is when the xpw=75cc

Wow, if a regular xp is that much stronger, then an xpw would really smoke a 390xp then.

LOl, you had me fooled Mike. I thought that was an xpw.

Back