372xp 20" or 24"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minnnt

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Just wondered which is bar suits the 372 better? Both options are the same price and the saw is brand new. Its the 70cc version.

I have both. The 24 is nice for the extra reach when bucking. If you do not have any bigger saws I would go with the 24. That way you have the reach and the extra length if you need it.

Assuming you don't really notice any difference between them? Would be used mainly as a firewood saw.

I'd go for the 24", but I already have a 365 special with a 20" bar... I like my 20" bar though, big enough for a lot of stuff but not so big it affects manouvering.

what bar do you have on your 262?

I do know someone who only runs one saw, a 371xp with a 15" bar :hmm3grin2orange:

Not sure how your getting your firewood, but I just recently picked up a Jonsered 2165 with a 20" bar. Most of my firewood is cut from a grappler load. I've run about 5 tanks through it and have ordered the 16" bar with 3 chains. In the grapller load it just seems longer than I need.

I'd go the 20" and get the 24" later if you need it. But that's based on my cutting, not yours.

Good luck in your decision.

Mine wears a 20'' and I have a 28''. So far, Ive only had the 28'' bolted up 1 time to cut 3 trees. The 20'' pretty much handles everything around my neck of the woods. Its pull both just fine so its up preffrance.

Mine wears a 20'' and I have a 28''. So far, Ive only had the 28'' bolted up 1 time to cut 3 trees. The 20'' pretty much handles everything around my neck of the woods. Its pull both just fine so its up preffrance.

:agree2: I have both the 20" & the 28" and don't use the 28" that much.

attachment.php

The 24" bar is a LOT more usefull and changes the balance in a good way.

The 20" is much more handy in the tangles though, and it's a bit of a puzzle as to why. It just is, even if it dosn't make sense.

The best balance of speed and grunt seems to be a 24" bar, 8 pin rim and good skip chain, but get into twisted up and gnarly old Elm dropped into a bunch of Greenbrier and life is gonna suck without full comp on a 20" LOL!!!

Just the way it is unless ya brought along a 346XP, and then ya just don't notice.;)

Ya might want to try a 28 for a little while too. That way you can switch back to the 24 and justify a 395.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Mine is a xpw and I run a 24 and it seems perfect I have a 28 and never use it. If I need bigger than 24 I get a 385 out.

My problem is when I swap between the two lengths,I loose the muscle memory going back to the longer bar and end up hitting the ground.

Back