372xp big bore...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geal

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i have decided to woods port my 372xp bb and have looked everywhere on the site for info on which would be the best carb to put on the saw a code would be greatfull if someone knows, thanks guys.

There's another bigger carb that throttle and choke will hook right up

Walbro RWJ4

The Walbro WD12B is 17.46mm venturi

The Walbro RWJ-4 is 19.05mm venturi

Tillotson HS-296A :msp_w00t:

I thought the RWJ's were offset like the Tillys vs. the level bolt pattern of the HD's?

bcbed448.jpg

I don't mean to keep posting and posting but things don't make it to muh brain as fast as I can type them out :msp_scared: The HD-12 is the stock carb on the 372.

RWJ carbs and HS carbs require new intake components to allow them to work properly and easily.

Check this thread out for some info on what I did to mine:
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/195586.htm

I went and looked and you are correct but you could use the offset filter elbow and associated boot parts?

Good thread on the conversion.

The RWJ-4 is the stock carb for the current 372(XT) You just use the boot and elbow from the current version 372?

I Europe I don't think the HD-12B is the std carb? There are some HD-6 carbs and the Zama carb in the mix somewhere that I've never seen on 372's around here? The HD-12B is 1mm larger than the 6B and there are two different Zama carbs that came on these?

The newer Zama is .5mm smaller than the 12B and the older one is smaller than that.

The required components for the rwj or tillotson are listed in that thread.

Intake boot/clamp, throttle cable holder/flange, boot support ring - all from a 390. air filter adapter from an XT 365 or 372 saw - depending on which filter you run, and you have to gut the divider out of it, and a choke lever from an XT.

It'll run ya a few bucks to get everything and the difference is going to be in the stopwatch. I had the carb laying around and that was the biggest chunk of money in the deal. To buy that entire setup probably wouldn't be worth it unless you're really going for the absolute most out of the saw.

And the hd12 vs hd6 is an EPA thing I believe, that will determine which carb the saw has. No huge differences between them.

The zamas were the 365 carbs when they didn't come with walbros. 372 always had the walbro if memory serves.

And no you can't use the XT intake boot because of the new cylinder. The boot has the divider in it for the strato rather than separate tubes like other stratos. and the overall diameter is nearly twice the size. The boot must come from a 385/390.

And the hd12 vs hd6 is an EPA thing I believe, that will determine which carb the saw has. No huge differences between them.

The zamas were the 365 carbs when they didn't come with walbros. 372 always had the walbro if memory serves.

Yes, :agree2:

FWIW here's mine with the tillotson. Same setup as needed for the walbro RWJ carburetor.

4a4b27eb-6f65-ebe3.jpg

I think but I'm not 100% sure that you can run the high top 390 air filter with the 390 air filter elbow underneath the 372 hightop cover, but definitely not the low top filter under the 365 cover. I had no interest in the tall setup so I did not even try it. A bright orange brand new cover looked horrid on my old darkened saw lol

FWIW here's mine with the tillotson. Same setup as needed for the walbro RWJ carburetor.

4a4b27eb-6f65-ebe3.jpg

I think but I'm not 100% sure that you can run the high top 390 air filter with the 390 air filter elbow underneath the 372 hightop cover, but definitely not the low top filter under the 365 cover. I had no interest in the tall setup so I did not even try it. A bright orange brand new cover looked horrid on my old darkened saw lol

I'll tell my brother about this, but I suspect he already knows......:msp_biggrin:

you can in fact run the hd 390 filter under the hightop 372 cover, i had to trim a bit of the plastic inside the filter cover but it fits like a glove after that.

BB 372 with tillotson carb

4a4b27eb-6f65-ebe3.jpg

G'day,
I've put a bigbore kit on my 372 but would like to run a larger carb to, the tillotson carb you used is that off a 288xp? I can get an aftermarket one for $25 also could I use any parts from a 272 like air filter elbow and filter?

Cheers dave

The carb to use is off of a husky 385/390. Use the air filter adaptor and choke lever off a 372XT and 372hd air filter. Trim the impulse tab off the intake boot and clock it so the carb will sit flat. Everything else should bolt up without a problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back