372xp bogs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff J Greilich

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought an older 372xp that bogged down after the guy put in a new p&c. He couldn't figure it out and just sold it to me. I figured it was the carb, so I rebuilt it. Same thing....it starts and idles fine but won't take throttle.

What could other issues be? What should I change next?

Most likely the reason he rebuilt is was a lean burn down, you better find out why. Clogged carb, metering lever, fuel line , air leak, If it doesn't get richer when you open the low I'd check the fuel supply first. Steve

Thanks guys. I'll order some lines for this saw. Does the 372xp have an impulse line?

Also, I am wondering when this saw was manufactured....can we tell by the serial number ?

20161110_091302.jpg

One more thing..... he rebuilt it because the spark plug was cross-threaded into the cylinder, and it ended up blowing the spark plug out through the top cover :)

Classic air leak symptom for sure, keep digging you will find one. Transfer port covers? Base gasket, like was mentioned earlier? Fuel filter plugged?
Just thoughts.......

Water in the gas can accumulate in the filtre. If so try some methle hydrate or change filtre if you haven't already.
As mentioned, back out L to see if that makes a diff.

Back