372xp restoration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I couldn't tell you cuz I don't know what the port looks like new..now i'm curious.

that thing is definatly running gasketless and the exhaust port looks like its got a bobble in it. but the intake looks to have two casting lines it it unless its just camera makn it look the casting lines are still there. but i bet the intake has been hogged out because it looks to round i doubt its round like that from the factory

I'll take some pics tonight, but since you mentioned it....sure looks like red RTV for the gasket.

Was a CL find. Looks like there is a small layer of RTV under the gasket on the exhaust pic. Unless it's still dirty at the base.

DSC_73570001.jpg

Last edited:
Here's some better pics of the intake/exhaust. Looks like the intake has seen some machining....not sure about the exhaust.

DSC_73710001.jpg

DSC_73780001_1.jpg

How much is this going to alter the power curve of this motor? Granted I won't know until it's back together but is this more for top-end power only, higher RPM's, will it ruin the bottom end power not that it's used much.

How much is this going to alter the power curve of this motor? Granted I won't know until it's back together but is this more for top-end power only, higher RPM's, will it ruin the bottom end power not that it's used much.

Couldn't really tell you, depends on what they did. Squish has been reduced by removing the cyl gasket, so that will increase compression, giving more torque.

The exhaust has definately been ground on. No doubt about it. I would absolutely be pulling the jug to check things out, and you can properly decarbon it while you're in there. Your compression is good, so the exhuast hasn't been raised too high. I'd just want a better idea of what's been done in there. It might be a real runner.

The exhaust has definately been ground on. No doubt about it. I would absolutely be pulling the jug to check things out, and you can properly decarbon it while you're in there. Your compression is good, so the exhuast hasn't been raised too high. I'd just want a better idea of what's been done in there. It might be a real runner.

Ya, I agree, don't know why they would touch the top of the intake though?? I guess they didn't know what they were doing.

Allright you talked me into it :)....i'll pull the jug and take some pics. I have a set of gaskets lying around anyway.

Back