372xp x-torq pic heavy and vid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds and looks fantastic. It actually sounds a lot like my 75cc ported Univent but the “vent” is a little faster in the cut. I would like to see that saw again after about 10 tanks. Either way, I am liking that husky a lot better than the current stihl offering to replace my ms440. Keep us posted as to your opinions about the saw.

Will do. I will be leaving this stick alone so I can get an accurate measure on progress. As for the cylinder design, it would not surprise me if all the future models end up like this. Simpler and looks to be a more cost effective design.

Great looking saw!!!

another great innovation from Husqvarna. The only way they can get strato saw to sell is to disguise it as a the 372, brilliant move by the marketing department.

A question most likely to global dealers ie. the US and Europe and significantly Troll...............In Canada I have yet to have any mention on the 372xpxt, other than word of mouth and the IPL, as a dealer I cannot order one, but even though was told I would no longer be able to order 372xp's since early in 2010, I just made my fall booking order for Oct 1st and stock and availablity of the 372xp is there, so my question is, if the 372xpxt being sold/marketed in the US for a test platform or to meet and get some EPA credits? or....................

Thanx for putting this up Mitch, like everyone else, I have been ultra curious about this. Looks like we might have all been fretting over nothing, the saw looks more than capable.

Glad to Pete. I have been chomping at the bit waiting for this thing to arrive. I believe the performance is there, only time will tell on longevity. I should be able to get 10-15 tanks through her before the MN GTG. To be fair I will leave it stock until it is well broke in. Should be able to get several opinions out of the upcoming GTGs

A question most likely to global dealers ie. the US and Europe and significantly Troll...............In Canada I have yet to have any mention on the 372xpxt, other than word of mouth and the IPL, as a dealer I cannot order one, but even though was told I would no longer be able to order 372xp's since early in 2010, I just made my fall booking order for Oct 1st and stock and availablity of the 372xp is there, so my question is, if the 372xpxt being sold/marketed in the US for a test platform or to meet and get some EPA credits? or....................

Husq. Canada has a shipment of the 372XT's coming in. The 372's listed on the fall order are 372XT's. Us dealers on the west coast have been waiting for the 372XTW's on this shipment for quite awhile.

Very nice post. The pics and vids are very well done and the saw looks and sounds awsome. I'm sure it will be as good as or better than the regular 372's!:chainsawguy:

The video was cottonwood right?:D Either way it's a good running saw.

Ya man, you got me on that one Ha. Cotton wood is weed around here, easy to get your hands on. It was the only stick I had to fit the bill (24" bar). For #$%^& and giggles I will get some vid in dry hard something tomorrow. Don't have to twist my arm to run it again!

I know its too early to tell, as that saw has a lot of breakin in to do, but at this point, it sure dont look like it runs like the ol' XP version.....:dunno:

Thanks for the pics and vids..:clap:

Beautiful saw...sounds great and as far as I'm concerned cut's very well. That saw could take 20-30 tanks before it is fully broken in. 155psi this early in the game with 31 thou squish sounds good. Run in with the base gasket removed sounds promising! :)

Congrats mate on your purchase of one fine saw that pleases many ( consumer, manufacturer and epa. )

:cheers:

I know its too early to tell, as that saw has a lot of breakin in to do, but at this point, it sure dont look like it runs like the ol' XP version.....:dunno:

Doesn't look like you can adjust the carb too much without some workbench engineering first. I'm gonna be real interested in the plug. If this saw doesn't run too lean, or if there does end up being the ability to mod the saw and adjust the mix, then it's really got me interested.
I used to rathole money for hunting . . . now it's chainsaws too!
Steve W.

Latest posts

Back