372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountryBoy72

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got my new to me Walkerized 372XP w/ Full wrap handle, oversized dawgs, 32" B/C (skip chain) It's a 2010 saw an was used as a back up saw for a falling buddy of mine. Can't wait to get it into some wood, see what it can do :rock: Got the saw with two bars an four skip chains :msp_thumbsup:
image_zps0420917a.jpg

image_zpsb6c35f40.jpg

image_zps130010c3.jpg

The non ST version is no longer available

This is the setup that one of the west coast fallers was using, really liked it. We have really big trees here but, they are 90 % softwoods. Not sure if I will leave the big bar on it all the time, I have a 24" & 20" B/C it can wear too. It sure sounds sweet running, has a nice bark when you tap the throttle :hmm3grin2orange: There are a few non x torqs kicking around, might grab one. I asked my buddy about the new saws, he said 395XP :rock: He has three of them with the 32" B/C combo. An that is all he will run. The new saws usually make it six months an they are done, some camps are trying to use them he said.

A 32" bar is a very long one on a 372xp - hopefully the chain is full skip! :msp_smile:

Standard setup here on 70cc saws. 372, 440, 460 usually sit on the shelf with a 32" bar and skip chain. Although I prefer a 28" on the 372 and 440, I have used the 32" and it works great. 1000's of loggers can't all be wrong!:msp_biggrin:

Might have to add one more 372XP to the shelf, before they are all gone :msp_w00t: An let the 2nd saw wear a 28" B/C. WACutter are you running an liking the 28" b/c with skip chain or full house chain ? I know that fallers almost always run skip tooth chain.

Last edited:
full chizzy ,no skip crap chain for this timber cutter. if your ported 372 cant carry a full comp chain on a 28'' bar in hardwoods, find another porter..

I don't know any West Coast fallers that use a full house chain, 90% of our wood is softwoods. Sure the saws would do just fine with a full house chain, just more teeth to sharpen. They use what works best for them. Would have to go state side to find some big hardwoods an test a ported saw in :msp_biggrin:

Last edited:
Might have to add one more 372XP to the shelf, before they are all gone :msp_w00t: An let the 2nd saw wear a 28" B/C. WACutter are you running an liking the 28" b/c with skip chain or full house chain ? I know that fallers almost always run skip tooth chain.

Most use skip on 28" and 32". I don't go to full comp usually until 24" and below.

Last edited:
i moved to skip when i go too 32'' and its not becouse the saw wont pull it. its becouse im getting to lazy to sharpen the longer chain. one things for certain. when cutting hard woods if you need a 32'' bar id suggest a bigger saw to pull any type chain.

i used to run full skip on 32 bar ,run semi skip square now ,best of both worlds for soft woods

hard to see on my pc but that tree looks like cedar by the end the 372 was cutting

I had a 372 for a while. I really didn't care for the feel. A hell of a saw though. I wonder if you could put an auto tune from a 550 on a 372?

Sent from my USCCADR3305 using Tapatalk 2

Back