372xpw felling spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shake5

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i recently purchased a new 372XPW which came with what appears to be the "standard" inner and outer felling spikes, numbers 7197 & 0171, with the inner one having the small roller attached. I was under the impression from the website photos, and reading other articles that my saw should have came with the "heavy-duty" larger spikes. i talked to the dealer where i purchased the saw about this and they said the spikes that are on the saw are the ones that came on it and nothing was changed. Does anyone have experience or know about this and did my saw come with the spikes that it should have, or does this saw sometimes come with either size spikes? Reason being, I prefer the larger spikes and now it appears i will have to purchase these outta my own pocket if i want them. thanks for any info.

Not sure, but I think the west coast saws come with the big spikes and full wrap. If you want the big ones, check out Baileys, they have the kit with roller chain catcher and bolts.....15 bucks.

The larger felling spikes are over the counter. Baileys has them for about $15.00, or go to the dealer for $30.00.

this should be what it has on it.

i feel these are much to large. i can cut about 1.5"s of these and reshape them and do the

same job
372xp.jpg

Latest posts

Back