372xpw vs. 576xp auto

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
huh,thats wierd when i get my xpw out of the truck every morning its already tuned and ready to go to work. no need to let it adjust, its already pissed and ready to chew some wood.

I never noticed any weird tuning problems with the 576 or 555. Usually just pull 2-3 times and they run. The 555 is a bit cold natured sort of like the 346s seem to be. The 576 would come right to life.

I never noticed any weird tuning problems with the 576 or 555. Usually just pull 2-3 times and they run. The 555 is a bit cold natured sort of like the 346s seem to be. The 576 would come right to life.

I haven't had any problems with my 562 running properly either. I just find the instructions in the manual interesting.

I haven't had any problems with my 562 running properly either. I just find the instructions in the manual interesting.

agreed.

the instructions were interesting, if months late in my case:) I assume all the autotunes are basically the same, and mine adjusts to what I cut, and if I push it acts like a governed engine.

Maybe this is why some guys around here hated the 576AT- a guy that is used to listening to the saw carefully cannot adjust his cutting to a saw that adjusts to the operator?? just speculating-

Just looked at my owners manual and it says nothing about the autotune feature at all actually it says too avoid high speed for extended periods during the first 10 hours what the hell

The runtime is for a quicker establishment of a baseline to tune from. I can guarantee you the at best only half of my customers would be able to follow those instructions as most (A) wouldn't know just how much they could cut in 5 minutes so they wouldn't have enough ready (B) just plain don't want to bother with it or (C) had new saw goggles on and didn't listen to a damn word I said when I was going over their new saw. I have seen zero of these saws back with an issue due to it not running proper or doing something weird. I'm sure theirs took a tad longer to establish a baseline or obtain a proper tune, but are running just fine. Anything I've heard regarding the AutoTune is that if it seems to have any issue it's on the richer side, not leaner. It doesn't get any simpler than gas and go.

Just looked at my owners manual and it says nothing about the autotune feature at all actually it says too avoid high speed for extended periods during the first 10 hours what the hell

You skipped over it then. What saw do you have?

should have bought from you TK- the dealer I bought from is not very informed on this saw-

thanks as always for the good info:msp_thumbup:

This is out of the 576AT manual. There aren't any carb setting instructions on this model as it is an older design, perhaps more primitive if you wanted to use labels on it. But it does mention AutoTune. It could be that people didn't like how long it took to calibrate itself so they include instructions on newer models....

AutoTune
If the engine is equipped with AutoTune, manual adjustment
of the carburettor’s H and L needles and the T-screw no
longer applies. Both needles and the T-screw have been
removed. AutoTune is a function that adjusts the carburettor
electronically, always resulting in optimal adjustment.
Function
• The carburetor governs the engine’s speed via the
throttle control. Air and fuel are mixed in the
carburetor. The air/fuel mixture is adjustable.
• The automatic adjustment of the carburettor means
that the engine is adapted to local conditions, e.g. the
climate, altitude, petrol and the type of 2-stroke oil.
This function is controlled by AutoTune.

should have bought from you TK- the dealer I bought from is not very informed on this saw-

thanks as always for the good info:msp_thumbup:

Here to help, not sell :msp_thumbup: There are site sponsors more knowledgeable and more helpful than I so I'd recommend if you wish to buy from AS, check them out :rock:

Thank you I just sent mine through another 10 cord this morning and I can't find a complaint about the saw it seems to run really well

Back