385xp vs 390xp for milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNMIKE

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Is anyone out there using either one of these saws for milling? I was about to buy a 395xp but the online sales have been killed and the prices have gone up considerably. I am looking at alternatives. Will they do the job?

THANKS

Don't have any experience with either, I use a 395XP, but either of those, being relatively big bore saws, will mill. It's just a question of how fast and how large is your log. As you know, milling is all about raw power.

I wasn't aware online 395XP sales were no longer.

I run my 385 with a 30 bar on my alaskan mill it will work but its a little slow compared to the 084 or the 3120

Online Husky sales

From what I can tell Husky banned all online sales right before Christmas. I really dont know all the details but the sellers have disappeared on ebay and Bailey's has ceased as well.

Norwalk

They couldnt have sold more than Baileys could they? I think Husky is shooting themselves in the foot with this

All I have to say is something fishy is going on!!! I posted about this, and I posted a link to Norwalk, and now those posts have been deleted. I'm telling you, something underhanded is going on here. I guess because Norwalk isn't a sponsor, AS moderators must have deleted the post. It wasn't my intention to sway business away from Baileys, but if they aren't going to sell them online anymore, for whatever reason, it should be even across the board for all husqvarna dealers. Not fair if you ask me.

I e-mailed the "N" place about Husky sales back when all of the talk of Baileys stopping their on-line sales of Husky began. They said that they were also stopping on-line sales on or around 1-1-08. Now it looks as if they are doing otherwise.

I don't know what the official rules are. I do, however, remember seeing somewhere a long time ago that Norwalk was the official distributor for husqvarna; perhaps they are the importer for everything, and get special priviliges. I don't know. I didn't put anything inflammatory in my post, and it got deleted, no explanation. conspiracy I tell you.

Husky is making a huge mistake

They are making a huge mistake stopping online sales and a GIGANTIC mistake allowing one company to continue online while making the other stop.

I was set to order a 395xp. I am rethinking this in lieu of this situation and will probably look at Stihl since I have two dealers close to me.

My understanding of this is that Husky did this to support their dealers thathave taken the risks and put the time and effort to build a business. T was told that alot of the online sales were by people that were shipping out of their houses. They don't have the overhead or the employee headaches that a storefront dealer would have. If you are interested in a husky saw, find a dealer and buy from him. He will fix your saw under warranty, which some of the online dealers won't.

Just my Hilljack pespective, Jeff

I suppose you have to support that. My next saw will probably be a stihl unless some dealers open up in my area, though. The only husky dealer I liked closed up rather recently; Paul's lawnmower service. I've thought about getting a new saw next year, or whenever I blow it up!lol. I'd love to have an 084AV with the auxiliary oiler, though.

Latest posts

Back