390 head on a 372xp mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geal

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
is a 390xp head conversion on a 372xp possible i have looked everywhere and cant find any info on the subject, could someone show me or point me in the right direction...

if this conversion is possible could someone tell me what they are...? would be much apprecited

Anything is possible with enough time and machine shop. The wrist pin for the 390 piston is larger than the 372. The 372 rod will have to bored out. It has been done before by one canadian.

is a 390xp head conversion on a 372xp possible i have looked everywhere and cant find any info on the subject, could someone show me or point me in the right direction...

if this conversion is possible could someone tell me what they are...? would be much apprecited

I think it can be done. I don't know the particulars but I recall a video on youtube where a gentleman put a 390 top end on a 365. If I remember correctly he said the jug was scored some so when it got hot it would shut down. I would imagine the piston would need trimming to clear the connecting rod, cases would need to have a relief cut and some carb work would be in order. Also not sure how the lower crankcase volume would work. Maybe even some head bolt re-working. It would be a fun project tho, always nice to have a light saw with lots of liver!

ok but does the pot fit on the crankcase on all the holes line up?

It's been done. I think he is a member here if I remember right
[video=youtube;0twiDSc2zgI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0twiDSc2zgI&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

wel the gentelman that has done the 390pot on the 365 is the man to speak to is he on this site at all, if so infomation would be very helpfull and greatfull....

wel the gentelman that has done the 390pot on the 365 is the man to speak to is he on this site at all, if so infomation would be very helpfull and greatfull....

his handle is CanadianCarGuy on here. Send him a message. It doesn't look like he is on here very often though.

Also keep in mind, he appears to be a saw builder. They don't always come on here and tell you everything you want to know for free. Just something to consider.

Canadiancarguy did a running thread on another forum. Mostly with his builds he would share his info. One thing he did to this barrel was machine the base flat.

A ported 372 BB kit done well will run 32"/36" in hardwood easily.

Remember though, 88 cc and ported BB kits can put extra strain on the s
smaller bottom end.

He built it out of a junk cylinder that was scored. If you have the know how and extra junk parts, it's a fun experiment.

I do not think it's worthwhile doing though. I agree that a well ported 70cc saw could spank that one in that size wood

Latest posts

Back