390xp carnage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Limited coils don't effect the rpm in the cut......they just make tuning a bit easier.

No, limited coils don't effect the rpm in the cut, but they sure do help when the operator decides to not let off the throttle when limbing.
I find limited coils to make tuning a bit harder, ya gotta tune the H side real fat and then gradually lean it out either that, or tune the high side while you're in the cut...

its bad enough you have to deal with throwing rods in your duramax, and now your chainsaw too! :hmm3grin2orange:

Anyone ever see a 385 or 390 snap a rod? Piston and cyl have very minor damage. The rod took a small chunk of out the cylinder extension and piston skirt. Cylinder bore and the piston are mint no scoring no dings nothing....View attachment 297661View attachment 297662View attachment 297663

3 weeks ago my 385 done the same thing, I never got pics of it but it's at the husky shop now getting completely rebuilt. I did buy it ex bush and nothing ever seemed wrong with it. My wallet will seem kinda empty now:msp_mellow:

its bad enough you have to deal with throwing rods in your duramax, and now your chainsaw too! :hmm3grin2orange:

Oh man...some one is a ford fan huh? Duramaxs almost never throw rods, only pop head gaskets in llys when over 500hp and crack pistons in lbz's over 650hp. My dmax has been over 530hp for 80,000 miles, no issues.

Just had to say something haha....couldn't help my self lol.

Oh man...some one is a ford fan huh? Duramaxs almost never throw rods, only pop head gaskets in llys when over 500hp and crack pistons in lbz's over 650hp. My dmax has been over 530hp for 80,000 miles, no issues.

Just had to say something haha....couldn't help my self lol.

Off Topic: Anytime a Ford fanboy talks trash about a Duramax, or Cummins, Just remind them of the 6.0 and 6.4 powerstroke. That usually shuts them right up.....lol

On Topic: I wonder if that kind of damage could be from the piston" tightening up" in the bore, on it's way to a seizure.....and the rod give up first

Piston and cyl look mint no scoring no funny marks nothing. Thats why i posted this, seen alot of 385/390 bottom end failures just never a broken rod where the piston and cyl survived almost perfectly.

Ouch...that wasn't cheap!!! 3120 stroker alky saw?

Yeah the 084 rods they use are tough, but can only take so many RPMS before they go snap.
Luckily it wasn't my saw. You're looking at 1,000$ by the time the saw gets a new stroked crank and race piston.

I pooped a little when I saw those pictures. Anyone call for a dismount ball check ?:check:

I successfully managed to mistype my own post on coils. I meant to say non limited coils make tuning easier because you cant mistake four stroking with the rev limiter. Kinda forgot one important word haha

Back