390xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The move to lower vibration levels is driven by the UK market - the UK mandated lower levels for new models...and the EU isn't far behind. If you don't meet that level, you don't sell in the UK, and as it's a global market, it's easier to design the saw for the most difficult segment and then ship it to all.

Anyone interested in a Husqvarna 390, please call as we have some available. We do not have them on our site as we don't have many to sell. Thanks Tony 336-672-1196

Problem is that noone know what they really are good for - are the low end problems reported on the 385 solved......:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:

SawTroll said:
Problem is that noone know what they really are good for - are the low end problems reported on the 385 solved......:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
I know that I what someone to try one first.:cheers:

My understanding with the low end problems was it only affected early units (I am not sure when the cutoof was) but the latest production runs are not having any difficulties...

Of course, I could be wrong...

pbtree said:
My understanding with the low end problems was it only affected early units (I am not sure when the cutoof was) but the latest production runs are not having any difficulties...

I also believe that, but I don't regard it as confirmed yet......

it seems to me that husky uses the "only a afflected early unit" BS way too often. the 385 has had bearing problems for years. the 575 has had problems since it came out.
I like Husky saws, but BS is BS. They have problems with certain models.

looks like i'll be the guennie < (dont know how to spell that word, lol) pig, im going to my local husky dealer and going to order one on monday, i'll report back with the info for you guys, all in all the 390 seems pretty good to me , looked at the specs on husky website, 15.7 lbs 5.4 cu and 6.5 hp?? i dunno if that is right, they say its a beefed uped 385, ill check back on monday

:bang: :bang: The safe way out is probably the MS660, just slightly heavier, and more power, and less money (here, that is) - but then it is the nicer air filtration and anti-vibes of the Huskys.....:rockn:

Last edited:
bwalker said:
it seems to me that husky uses the "only a afflected early unit" BS way too often. the 385 has had bearing problems for years. the 575 has had problems since it came out.
That's why I am worried about the 390......:popcorn: :givebeer:

Simon - welcome back!!!!! Stay back (I'm mean stay with us!) please... it gets dull around here with the same old faces, mine included!

Simonizer said:
I have heard back from some of our fallers who have tried the 390 with a 34" 75ga chain. It didn't blow anyones skirts up. Lackluster power, a bit of hype, ...yawn.
Welcome back!

....even though I didn't like what you had to say....:laugh: :laugh: :cheers:

bwalker said:

I am not really in a position to agree or disagree, but I do not recall seeing any posts here as of late addressing this -

Are they still having the low end problems?

Simonizer said:
I have heard back from some of our fallers who have tried the 390 with a 34" 75ga chain. It didn't blow anyones skirts up. Lackluster power, a bit of hype, ...yawn.

SIMON! SIMON! SIMON! SIMON!

Simonizer said:
Doesn't look like Husky was trying to make a big impression, But rather do some improvements, like in board clutch and less vibes.
Have you herd any thing about bearing improvements ?
Oh where have you been ?

I believe you are mostly right Manual, except that the 385 also has an inboard clutch.

My (loosely fouded) guess is that the 390 will eventually take the 385s place, and there may be an about 80 cc saw based on the 575......:confused:

Yes lets hope Husky does better then the 575 now that Red Max is in the picture I am sure there will be vast improvements made.

manual said:
Yes lets hope Husky does better then the 575 now that Red Max is in the picture I am sure there will be vast improvements made.
The 575 is terrible. I recommend pros steer clear of it. The 372XPG seems to be the way everyone is going in this area (Vancouver Island/Lower mainland), it pulls strongly when properly modded yet is very light compared to the 385 or MS660. I am still a big fan of the MS460, excellent machine.

Latest posts

Back