390xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simonizer said:
The 575 is terrible. I recommend pros steer clear of it. The 372XPG seems to be the way everyone is going in this area (Vancouver Island/Lower mainland), it pulls strongly when properly modded yet is very light compared to the 385 or MS660. I am still a big fan of the MS460, excellent machine.

Maybe you will start to like the 390xp over the 460.

bwalker said:
Yes, As of a year ago they still had issues. I havent talked about it lately with the saw shop I use, but the issue seems to be ongoing.
Farewell 390xp......:( :taped:

460 or 660, when both have enough power, and weight isn't an issue?????

bwalker said:
Yes, As of a year ago they still had issues. I havent talked about it lately with the saw shop I use, but the issue seems to be ongoing.
Ben not to be a smart a$$,
Lets see you have not talked about it for a year, But it seems ongoing ?

Hey Ben

Max said:
Sorry about that but I did not want to potentially mess up BostonBulls post.
We know that the early 575's were prone to bearing failure and subsequently
failed/melted causing a rebuild under warranty. I have it on good authority that the serial range to ID the problem bearings were from start of production to the first four numbers of the serial number 05.12-----. Anything after that has the new bearings and should be OK. Turns out Bulls saw is in the
shall we say, the good serial range above the 05.12----- cut off.
I have a 575 myself and was concerned so I looked into it and hounded Husky until I found that out. I am not a dealer or an expert just a guy who wanted to know about his saw and any potential problems the factory had knowledge of. Again Bulls saw is good according to his number!!!!

Thought this would intrest you.
Now don't you think you should wait a while and not jump the gun saying that the 390xp has a Bearing problem ?
The 575xp to me, Looks like the problem is solved.

Ben not to be a smart a$$,
Lets see you have not talked about it for a year, But it seems ongoing ?
[/QUOTEI would say its ongoing given the problem has been around since they where introduced.
Now don't you think you should wait a while and not jump the gun saying that the 390xp has a Bearing problem ?
The 575xp to me, Looks like the problem is solved.
Today 07:41 AM
Not once did I say that the 390 had bearing problems. I did say the 385's in my area do and that I would be leery of the 390 since its based on the 385.
The song and dance Husky is telling everyone about the earlier" 575's being the only ones to have problems is a joke. They are still blowing up and in fact there where two at the local shop when I went yesterday.

bwalker said:
The song and dance Husky is telling everyone about the earlier" 575's being the only ones to have problems is a joke. They are still blowing up and in fact there where two at the local shop when I went yesterday.

Yes, but do you know if the two at the shop yesterday were early ones?

Pinto's still blow up, but Ford stopped making them quite a while ago...:confused:

Grande Dog said:
Acc. to the IPL the 385 and 390 share the crank assambly. I guess the question if it is the same as earlier 385s......

Edit; there have been changes in the part numbers, but those were allready in effect in the 2005-03 IPL.

Last edited:
I too am interested in the 390. Will a 390 jug and piston fit on a 385 casing?
I've used a 385 continually in the woods for at least 5 years and never had a single problem with any of them. It must be those guys on the west coast burning out bottom ends by using 60 inch bars on them . No?:chainsaw:

John

I've used a 385 continually in the woods for at least 5 years and never had a single problem with any of them. It must be those guys on the west coast burning out bottom ends by using 60 inch bars on them . No?
The jug will fit, given that they are basicly the same saw.
The loggers that have had problems with 385's around here use 20 or 24'' bars for the most part. I suspect some of the problem could be cured by a little maintenance and a little more oil.

Gypo Logger said:
I've used a 385 continually in the woods for at least 5 years and never had a single problem with any of them. It must be those guys on the west coast burning out bottom ends by using 60 inch bars on them . No?:chainsaw:

John
Nope it's the guys in the U.P. of Michigan.
Seems they get all the bad saws.

I can see it all now, a big bore kit for the 390 along with a big bore kit for the 066. 100 cc's each. Whoo Who!
Now We're Loggin!
John

Gypo Logger said:
I can see it all now, a big bore kit for the 390 along with a big bore kit for the 066. 100 cc's each. Whoo Who!
Now We're Loggin!
John
The 390 has my intrest too.
Didn't you have a 385 for sale on ebay that was modded ?

I also am interested but kinda have heart on 395 xp

A 390 is a very nice saw to run. So much lighter than a 395 and it has the inboard clutch. Can't speak to long term reliability. I won't engage in idle speculation and post it as experience. Again, it runs very strong and feels good in the cut.

Joat

Latest posts

Back