395/395 Xpg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abohac

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
For those of you who know your Husqvarna's, is there a diiference between these two saws when it comes to bars? The supply house that I get my chain and other supplies from mentions 395's but not 395XP(G)s. Will the same bar fit both?

Currently (and at least for the past 4 years, probably a few more) that I know of any Husky from the 372 and to the 3120 are all XP's. As you probably know the G is for the heated handle / carb option.

Currently (and at least for the past 4 years, probably a few more) that I know of any Husky from the 372 and to the 3120 are all XP's. As you probably know the G is for the heated handle / carb option.

Yep I knew that. Just didn't want to screw up and buy a bar that didn't fit. I thought I'd put a smaller bar on the thing and get some use out of it. A little over-kill for firewood but it gives great backaches.

Well I just went to the Oregon web site and in their selector guide...

http://www.oregonchain.com/commonpg...Ansi=Y&ShowQuality=Y&ShowCombo=Y&usertype=PRO

...they list:
395XP
395XPG
395XPW

So maybe Husky did make a plain 395, I dunno.

But when you config the 395 with a length, pitch and gauge it will give you the bars, chains, combos that will fit. Then do the same for the 395XP and it will give you the same results. So if they did make the plain 395 Oregon says the bars are the same, as they should anyway.

Latest posts

Back