4 cedars, RBtree and two grunts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rope, I'm on B'hams with Caddy Pads.....only better setup would be the Gecko's--lighter, similar pad design......

the last butt cleared the garage corner quite well...

but I did miscalculate the spin rate on a 14 foot log from about 25 feet up...It teetered, then flopped over rather than back..but 30 degrees off from how it hit...it landed 2 feet from the open chipper chute....

Rope, I lived in Searcy from age 11-15, 1960-65....I think I visited Hot Springs once...and perhaps my first mountain "climb" was the highest peak in the Ozarks....? From 1975-85, I was doing some rather serious ascents......well, I did walk 22 miles up and down 14,495' Mt Whitney in 1971....but that was just a dayhike...with 6000 feet of elevation gain...and loss.....

Last edited:
Rope, I'm on B'hams with Caddy Pads.....only better setup would be the Gecko's--lighter, similar pad design......

the last butt cleared the garage corner quite well...

but I did miscalculate the spin rate on a 14 foot log from about 25 feet up...It teetered, then flopped over rather than back..but 30 degrees off from how it hit...it landed 2 feet from the open chipper chute....

I hate when they do that sometimes they all hit flat but there is
that one. Of course two foot is still a miss in my book as long as no
damage and no injury I am a happy camper. I thought I bought the
best spur pads money could buy but don't like them. I like l pads better
than the ones I bought. Caddy I am not familiar with but been contimplating
Gecko's I just hate spending money two or three times over. I have Bashlin
aluminums and old klein I like better. I did have a set of b hams but like
klein better but more likely is the pad.

Jason in action. we'd already filled the chip truck..

We had a few communication problems. Rodger yell's "clear". Jason assumes he means - "run into the drop zone and pick up the branches"...uh oh... and.. even when Rodger wasn't yelling, he was very keen - like a Golden Retriever - see branch fall - run in a get it... After an hour or two, we were all on the same wavelength. :) :)

attachment.php

Funny there's no pics of the grunts feeding a zilion branches into the chipper! :monkey:

Patience, grasshopper.....the video will take a spell yet to put together.

Meanwhile, there's this one, of ya ready to dodge incoming.......
2583219284_274303deea_o.jpg

And, look, I can turn nearly nite into a sunny day??!!! or, was it just Mr. Picasa.....:givebeer:
2582390037_f4b0e2f05c_o.jpg

didn't need much left side holding wood to counteract the side lean of the last log....but we had a slight redirect on the line angle, through Andy's snatch block. As can be seen in Andy's shot, it looks like it came right at the snatch block attached to the cedar. But it bounced sideways a bit upon landing.
2582390209_63c010bf58_o.jpg

Roger dodger......no D in da moniker.......

Last edited:
I can almost smmmeeeeellllllll that cedar from here....Cool thread and great pics....Keep 'em coming! :cheers:

I thought it was Jason who nearly got his ears pinned back......by the forgetful old goat aloft.....

Last edited:
:yoyo: It's all a blur...forgot to tell ya those were just safety glasses....and I see 20-34,400...currently..who knows come tomorry....:dizzy:

Video will be up soon...

Last edited:
Da video.....

no titles or transitions yet...you guys were really on top of the ground work...look at ya scurrying back and forth!!

embed id="VideoPlayback" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fs=true"

Doesn't look like it embedded so...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6649904489366062560&hl=en

Let's see if the more compressed You Tube version will embed...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T6UFXKmH4zw&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T6UFXKmH4zw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
You guys are quite inspiring on the big stuff - makes it look so easy! Great job - thanks for sharing the pics. I look forward to seeing the video...

Latest posts

Back