440 or 372?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boynature

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a stihl MS200t, 025, MS440 and an older jonsered 910. I would like to get a back up saw, I here a lot about the 372 and was wondering if some of you out there have used both the 440 and the 372. I have many more stihl dealers in my area than Husky but by no means have a bias for stihl. I know the 372 can take a larger bar. I just want a good all round saw, should I get a 372 before their all gone or should I just stick with stihl? Is Baileys the cheapest place to get one? I'm open for any other suggestions.

thanks

:umpkin: :umpkin: :umpkin: :umpkin:

jokers said:
I`d suggest the 440 because you already have one for parts commonality.

Russ

I agree with Russ for the same reason + you already have Stihl dealers around you.

Nothing wrong with a 372, well except it is plain ugly in all orange.
372's are difficult to come buy as they are no longer made and are being replaced by the 575, however there may still be some available somewhere.

The Jonsered 2171 is basically the same saw as the 372 and to my knowledge they are still in production. They do look real sharp also in red & black.

jokers said:
I`d suggest the 440 because you already have one for parts commonality.

Russ

I'd try the Husky to feel a real saw. Russ PM me We need to talk. :heart: So Russ your getting rid of the KD 372.

Marky Mark said:
I'd try the Husky to feel a real saw. Russ PM me We need to talk. :heart: So Russ your getting rid of the KD 372.

NOPE! A man can never have enough great saws. I might have an only used on Sunday 372xpg for sale though. :laugh:

Russ

Where are all the 372 lovers?????

I don't have any experience with these saws, but as I recall, most treads on 440 vs. 372 (vs. 460) ends with something like : "They are all good saws, and you really can't go wrong. The 372 outcuts the 440 and should really be compared to the 460. And it has better anti-vibe and far better air filtration than the Stihls".
:laugh: :blob2: :blob4:

Hi SawTroll,

It`s no secret that I prefer the 372 to the Stihls but I figured the 440 is a better match for boynature because he already has one. No point bringing a different bar pattern, possible chain gauge, air filter, spark plug, etc. into his inventory.

My recommendations don`t always exactly mirror what I own. For example, I like the 440 better than the 460 but I own two 460s and no 440s......and three 372s. :)

Russ

Hello Jokers,
I sort of expected such an answer from you, and of cause you are right. ;)

440 or 460 makes a lot of sence in this case.

I wish I could make up an excuse to buy a Husky 372, but my wood is really too small..... :cry:

Last edited:
jokers said:
Hi SawTroll,

It`s no secret that I prefer the 372 to the Stihls but I figured the 440 is a better match for boynature because he already has one. No point bringing a different bar pattern, possible chain gauge, air filter, spark plug, etc. into his inventory.

My recommendations don`t always exactly mirror what I own. For example, I like the 440 better than the 460 but I own two 460s and no 440s......and three 372s. :)

Russ

Why do you like the 440 better than the 460?

Have your 372s been as reliable as your 460's?

Back