440?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Bennett

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My 460 and 660 have a black piece of rubber that slides in a groove between the airfilter cover and the top cover of the saw. This rubber really seems to keep dust off the airfilter. Neither my 044 or 440 have this peice and it causes my airfilter to get very dirty fast. I looked at some saw pics and do not seem to see that rubber part on any 044's. Do the 044/440's not have this part? Should I get one for a 460 and put it on my 440?

rubber

My 460 and 660 have a black piece of rubber that slides in a groove between the airfilter cover and the top cover of the saw. This rubber really seems to keep dust off the airfilter. Neither my 044 or 440 have this peice and it causes my airfilter to get very dirty fast. I looked at some saw pics and do not seem to see that rubber part on any 044's. Do the 044/440's not have this part? Should I get one for a 460 and put it on my 440?

The rubber part is for the pro model stihl saws with a winter shutter, and the 440 DOES NOT have a winter shutter. I have never noticed a difference rubber or not, they all get dirty fast.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Nope... different rubber...

the 044/440 use a different airbox design than the 066/046...

Are you talking HD fllter, or not..?

The 460 filterbox setup is a nice addition to the 440 if you can find the parts cheap enough....been planning that for mine for a while now

Nope... different rubber...

the 044/440 use a different airbox design than the 066/046...

Are you talking HD fllter, or not..?

Yes, both my 044 and 440 have the heavy duty filter. It is the exact same filter that goes on my 460 and im pretty sure it is the same filter that goes on my 660. It seems the only difference is their is no rubber between the filter cover and the other top plastic piece.

Back