455 rancher bar oil useage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky455rancher

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
hello im new here, gald i found this place tonight i love my saws. im glad to know theres other freaks like me lol. my wife got me a well i picked them out a 455 rancher for my 26th birthday and for my 27th i got a little 142 for the small stuff. theyre both great the 142 really suprised me for a baby saw it rips really well. anyway now on my 455 i have a 18" bar on it 3/8 chain and i have the oiler crakned all the way up. the problem is it dosent come close to a tank of oil per tank of gas. ive had the pump swapped out once already by my dealer and it was better for a while. so is this normal or is it a problem with this saw? thanks, Mike

first of all wecome to AS. your gonna get a hard time from most for owning a 455 but look at my sig yes i have one too and mine has been just fine.
my 455 uses just over half a tank of bar oil for every tank of fuel. no problems.
lay down a piece of cardboard and aim the bar at it about 4 to 6 inches away and run 3/4 to wot for a few seconds. you should see a line of oil appear on it. if not you have a problem if so then keep on cuttin. and be sure to keep it clean. most of the problems iv run into with lack of oiling was lack of cleaning

yeah ive dont that before it does throw oil i just wasnt sure it was enough.

on the 455 thing whatever i have it i like it for what it is. i only cut maybe 4 cord a year, not making a living with it. had i known about the other stuff i would have looked into it for sure. i was using a little poulin that could hardly spin the chain over after it cut maybe 3 cord of wood lol. so if your just gonna rip on my saw save it i didnt come here to e-fight lol, thanks , Mike

yeah ive dont that before it does throw oil i just wasnt sure it was enough.

on the 455 thing whatever i have it i like it for what it is. i only cut maybe 4 cord a year, not making a living with it. had i known about the other stuff i would have looked into it for sure. i was using a little poulin that could hardly spin the chain over after it cut maybe 3 cord of wood lol. so if your just gonna rip on my saw save it i didnt come here to e-fight lol, thanks , Mike

if it slings enough oil to show a pattern in a few seconds then its doing well. and good for you for defending your saw. ha god knows iv had to with mine

The gas should run out bebore the oil. Wouldn't be good if it were the other way around. Use the search to find the thread on bar temp. That might help. I have a 455 too and like it. Some of the posts here are a bad setup from the start. Example- 361 vs 455 rancher, or 357xp vs 455 rancher. Come on people quit loading the questions. I can do that. I'll put my 455 rancher up against a 017 any day of the week! And I would put money on my Dewalt 18 volt drill up against a Black and Decker 9 volt cordless screwdriver anyday. You get the point!!!

actually the 455rancher does not cut too far behind a 361.

its about a 15% margin.

:popcorn:

lol - surely depends on the wood! :censored: :greenchainsaw:

Must be cutting 2" by 2" lol

The 455 i had would out cut a Husky 350 by a large margin,
With the oiler on setting 3 it would be nearly empty by the time the fuel ran out, Even on setting 2 with a 20" bar it oiled well enough!
Im glad i sold it though it paid for over half of my 7900:greenchainsaw:

i gotta be honest here. i kinda like mine. it cuts great has enough power as i dont ask it to cut the impossible. i have neglected it since getting the 044 though

Latest posts

Back