460 vs 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the oil hole in the case half azzed drilled out. Its beveled at the bottom which makes it impossible for the hole hose to seat and seal. Fix it means replace half the case or re-drill it or use super glue or pack it with doo glue or do what I did, park it,LOL

Manufactured on a Swedish holiday???:popcorn: :popcorn:

I don't see how there is a chance in hell that a 372 coulda, woulda outcut a 460 in anything bigger than 6" wood.

We've run them, 441, 440, 460 and 372, too many times down in Brown County, IN to know what happens EVERY time. The 441 and 460 run neck and neck in wood up 25" or so then the 460 pulls away. The 441 beats the 372 by a very slim margin in little stuff and by a good bit in bigger stuff. The 372 is faster than a 440 in small stuff and about the same in big stuff.

The 372 is a fantastic saw. It's like a 361 to me. Handles great, is fairly light, but it's got no grunt. I'd rather use a more productive saw.

Time to stir it up.

It hasn't been asked in a while and I've got some $$$ burning a hole in my pocket so how about it - WHICH ONE DO I BUY???

Don't hold back, now - be honest. This should be interesting! :popcorn:

MS 460 STIHL Magnum™ Chain Saw
DISPLACEMENT 76.5 cc (4.7 cu. in.)

ENGINE POWER 4.5 kW (6.0 bhp)

WEIGHT (powerhead only)
Flush-Cut 6.6 kg (14.6 lbs.)
Wrap-Handle 6.9 kg (15.2 lbs.)
STIHL Arctic™ 6.8 kg (15.0 lbs.)

FUEL CAPACITY 800 cc (27.1 oz.)
CHAIN OIL CAPACITY 325 cc (11.0 oz.)
OILOMATIC® CHAIN 3/8" RSC3
RECOMMENDED RANGE
OF GUIDE BAR LENGTHS 40 to 80 cm (16" to 32")

Husky 372XPW
Technical Data
Engine specification
Cylinder displacement 74.7 cc
Power output 5.4 hp
Idling speed 2700 rpm
Maximum power speed 9600 rpm
Maximum recommended engine speed 13500 rpm
Cylinder bore 2.02 inch
Cylinder stroke 1.42 inch
Fuel tank volume 1.62 US pint
Oil tank volume 0.89 US pint
Oil pump type Adjustable flow
Oil pump capacity 4-21 ml/min
Cutting equipment
Chain pitch 3/8"
Recommended bar length, min-max 15"-28"
Chain speed at max power 70.21 fts

Overall dimensions
Weight (excl. cutting equipment) 13.4 lbs

We got some pretty good reports here, any closer to either saw yet?

The 372 is a fantastic saw. It's like a 361 to me. Handles great, is fairly light, but it's got no grunt. I'd rather use a more productive saw.

IF I had to rely only on reading how the 372 runs here, you are correct, 100%. I'm not going out of my way to run one, but hope to get a chance someday.:chainsaw: I was just spoiled to have run a Stihl first.:clap:

You buncha :censored: you *%^$# don't :censored: about *&^%, cause you all got &^@# where your :censored:, and furthermore *&^% each and every :censored: buncha maggot &^%@# no-good :censored: cause you *#+*&^!!!

I think I've said what I came to say.

why so hostile?

You buncha :censored: you *%^$# don't :censored: about *&^%, cause you all got &^@# where your :censored:, and furthermore *&^% each and every :censored: buncha maggot &^%@# no-good :censored: cause you *#+*&^!!!

That pos 2171 won't start again?

We got some pretty good reports here, any closer to either saw yet?

Well, to tell the truth - I pretty much had my heart set on a 460, that hasn't changed. But I thought this thread would be entertaining and maybe educational - very entertaining. ROTF-LMAO.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Hey...........don't beat around the bush :)

Well, to tell the truth - I pretty much had my heart set on a 460, that hasn't changed. But I thought this thread would be entertaining and maybe educational - very entertaining. ROTF-LMAO.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yep, I like a good slug fest.:poke: :food:

The 460 is the better saw, you would love one.

attachment.php

Quality control must have been drunk that day, if there is such a department at husky.:dizzy:

That saw could not have been sent to a better person.....

Yes the 372 is the reference everyone tries to beat. It's the most world champion, the smoothest to use, has the coolest sound... Only beaten by the mighty 2171 which has the better looks. But that the Volkswagen guys aren't aware of. The can't see anything behind the fat arse of a 460 :cheers:

The 460 is built better; will last longer.

Has more useable power, pulls like a tractor, not a peaky indy car.

Is well suited with a longer bar.

Is backed by a much better company, parts much eaiser to find. Stihl did not have to buy several different makers to keep their saws alive.

You boys with puss hands whine about the vibes but put some solid rubber mounts on your 372 and see if you can even hold the saw then. There is a reason the thing uses springs, who ever was incharge of balancing the internals must have been drunk too......

stihls ahev a onger stroke giving them more talk and i dont know what you are all going on about vibration for.

i have run my 032 all day on the alaskan and never had a problem. it has pretty basic anit vibe setup also.

Quality control must have been drunk that day, if there is such a department at husky.:dizzy:

That saw could not have been sent to a better person.....

Not really, The better man would have taken it back for replacement instead of ................well you know.

LOL, you and your red buddies make a poll: 460 vs. 372 or 440 vs. 372. We have got to be the biggest group of saw nuts, should be fair. If you want to search the past polls, you will find the winner.:clap:

Naw, just the most popular; polls are too much like politics. I remember
several times I was up against the rich popular kids in school and I came out on top!

Back