5,000 lbs of Oak and a nice State Trooper.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here on LI they would put you on the scales its 2 bucks a pound over if you are are over your out of service dot love joe homeowner on weekends:hmm3grin2orange:

here on LI they would put you on the scales its 2 bucks a pound over if you are are over your out of service dot love joe homeowner on weekends:hmm3grin2orange:

hey tom I have an 8500 pound tag and came home from the quarry over 10,500 many times

see we's here in Gods country.

attachment.php

sachsmo: I have owned a cummins since 99, 50% of my life. :laugh: Added up between my close friends and I we have owned 15 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation dodge pickups. I will never own the other brands. There is no way to argue that the front end would not be better with hubs.

sachsmo: I have owned a cummins since 99, 50% of my life. :laugh: Added up between my close friends and I we have owned 15 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation dodge pickups. I will never own the other brands. There is no way to argue that the front end would not be better with hubs.

Good for you,

mine is not a Cummings, but is built on the same pinning as a Cummings.

I've owned 2 93, 97, 01, 02, 05, 3 07s, and this 11. Had a 00 F250 and a 09 F 250. Had an 04 duramax thrown in there also. The 11 has the most power stock out of all of them. The 09 was alright but the mileage was horrible. The 93s were the most trouble free. The 02 was a lemon. The first 07 I had was the best and my buddy owns it right now. I still have keys to it to go play when I want it. It's a 550 hp to the wheels or so. A lot of fun on dry pavement and real scary on wet roads. The 97 I bought used and the cab was leaking and had other problems. I had the engine built in it but the truck was falling apart around it. I guess it had a rough life before I got ahold of it.

hey tom I have an 8500 pound tag and came home from the quarry over 10,500 many times

see who's here in Gods country.
thats cool but cant do that here the dot here is in ever town all the local cops are dot cops and do cks all hrs of the night last week they set up at 3am

Hmm, I've never heard of any cops caring about weight or load securement on any non- commercial vehicle around here. Apparently it happens elsewhere.

Nice load, I've run my 97 12 valve 5 speed across the scales with it at 9750 lbs. several times, and the rating is for 8700 so I guess I was a bit over. The truck weighs 6400, and was using D rated BF Goodrich mud tires. My truck did sag a small bit but not bad. I haven't tried Oak yet though. I do like the Dana 60 front and 80 rear but you have to watch the seals on those 80's and I do wish the front had hubs but it's around $200 to change over so It'll stay stock. and with the 12 valve I got 23 mpg pulling that 9750 load for 80 miles.

I got the AVG/Ridge Runner locking hubs for my Ranger after the vacu-locks went out (hubs were good, but the metal line to them rusted out), and they work very well. Not as convienent as the auto-locks, but it is worth it to know you are locked down when needed.

You can still unlock the transfer case and have two wheel drive, its just the axles are locked in of course. I usually just leave them locked in during winter and before going offroad, and use the transfer case switch to go between 2wd and 4wd.

It even fits under my centercaps, can't even tell they are installed..

After cutting this Oak today I was going home and I came upon a NC Highway Patrol License check. In NC the Highway Patrol runs the DOT scales also. I thought I will have to make payments on this fine. Even though I had enough tag (13,000 lbs) I figured they would still say the truck is overloaded. I rolled up to the check point and the trooper was really checking the load of wood out.
The trooper said: What you been doing bossman?
I said cutting alittle firewood.
He said : You load these big blocks by yourself?
I said: Yes, do you want to see my license?
He said : Sure do.
He looked at my license and said: Thank you and drive safe, still looking at the wood.
I felt like saying : Aren't you going to arrest me?
I was amazed he didn't care about my tag weight or the trucks GVW.
I stopped at a truck stop on the way home and weighed the truck, it weighed
11,820 without my 200lbs in it. The truck weighs 6800 lbs empty so thats 5,000 lbs of Qak
in the bed.

It was a fun day running the 390xp and my 372xp. I haven't run the 372xp in a couple years because all the Oaks I've been cutting lately were 385/390/395 size. It was fun to cut a small one for a change. Hope ya like the pics, cut safe.
Kent:cheers:

attachment.php

attachment.php
View attachment 227297

View attachment 227298

One man admiring another man's work and saying to himself, "I coulda been out having a blast like this cat did".

Latest posts

Back