55 Rancher carburetor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My 2002 55 Rancher has a Zama C1Q EL7 carb on it. It needs rebuilt, I thought about just replacing the carb and noticed on ebay that Walbro WT-170 is supposed to fit that saw also and quit a bit cheaper.
Will it work?

The WT-170 was replaced by the C1Q-EL6 per a Husqvarna SB on it and both were fully interchangeable. The part number 503283105 doesn't reference the EL7; although, the EL 7 uses the same throttle shaft as the EL6.

Edit: the EPA version is the 503283106 which is the C1Q-EL7
Service Bulletin 97-10-10

So if I wanted a non epa carb. I could replace it with a the WT-170? I took the limiter caps off years ago.

From what I can find here it will work. BTW the Walbro Husqvarna PN is 503281504. From pictures online at Amazon it doesn't have limiter caps installed. Others here with more experience than myself may chime in with their opinions.

I do remove limiter caps here too but I re-install them after the required adjustments are made. Sometime I even need to replace them where they so mangled by the operator they are useless. Personally as a repair shop I try to stick to EPA guidelines as much as I can; just can't afford to be fined for a violation.

I can see why they are there to keep operator from adjusting the mixture as that is sometimes all that is wrong with equipment.

Latest posts

Back