550XP 1st look!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, the rubber/spring hybrid is interesting. What I really don't get is why Husky made the 550, 555, 560, and 562 look so sleek then they make the 543 look they way it does.

I know, I know.... I'm superficial

Some of us even suggested that the design possibly have been done at the Redmax (Zenoah really) factory, the first time we saw a pic of it......

Thanks guys, the rubber/spring hybrid is interesting. What I really don't get is why Husky made the 550, 555, 560, and 562 look so sleek then they make the 543 look they way it does.

I know, I know.... I'm superficial

Some things can only be designed so small and function the way they're intended to. The size of a cylinder and it's cooling fins, the length of intake tract, size of carburetor and air filter media, volume of muffler, volume of crankcase, etc....

The 550/562 series look real low and long, whereas the 543 looks quite a bit shorter in length - which adds a bit of height to incorporate adequate fuel and oil tank size. If you wanted to refuel and refill oil every dozen cuts, I'm sure they could have made it similar to the larger series. The aim of this saw must be a real compact runner.

Granted, this is only from looking at pictures, but in theory it's what I would do if I were designing these things. It's small, make it really good at performing small saw tasks. They have the larger saw market covered.

Back