550XP 1st look!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Kinda sorta.........

Noticed today that the IPL for the new 550XP is up on the retailer site. Not sure if it's on any of the other sites that you guys can access.

Looks just like it's a little brother to the 562. Same type of muffler, cylinder, etc. The entire IPL looks similar to the 562 in layout and styling.

And let me be the first to crack the obvious joke: Expected release date sometime this.........decade? :msp_rolleyes:

Looks like it is on Husavarna's web site under ipl look up under customer support. Has the Walbro EX-2012F carb and there is a XPG version and the Trio-brake option also....Spike, have you sold any 346xp's with the trio-brake?

Yes, there is a G version. The IPL for the 545 is also up, and it shares the piston with the 550XP, meaning same displacement for both saws as in the 555/562 and 372/365 XT's.

Nothing there on the 543XP yet that I can find.

I've sold a couple of the 346 Trio's. One guy was a 25 year climber who thought it was a great idea. The other one was sold to a guy who's wife insisted he get the safest saw in the store. And if you saw the guy, you'd agree with her!

Kinda sorta.........

Noticed today that the IPL for the new 550XP is up on the retailer site. Not sure if it's on any of the other sites that you guys can access.

Looks just like it's a little brother to the 562. Same type of muffler, cylinder, etc. The entire IPL looks similar to the 562 in layout and styling.

And let me be the first to crack the obvious joke: Expected release date sometime this.........decade? :msp_rolleyes:

No surprice, except that the IPL is already out - I think the official info was fall 2012?

Good news anyway - but I am content with having the 560xpg in the house, as of now! :big_smile:

No surprice, except that the IPL is already out - I think the official info was fall 2012?

Good news anyway - but I am content with having the 560xpg in the house, as of now! :big_smile:

Yeah, the IPL was posted Sept 28, so maybe it's already been talked about here? Was news to me though. :cheers:

Those name badges don't lie!

7w56F.png

Yes, there is a G version. The IPL for the 545 is also up, and it shares the piston with the 550XP, meaning same displacement for both saws as in the 555/562 and 372/365 XT's.

Nothing there on the 543XP yet that I can find.

I've sold a couple of the 346 Trio's. One guy was a 25 year climber who thought it was a great idea. The other one was sold to a guy who's wife insisted he get the safest saw in the store. And if you saw the guy, you'd agree with her!

Any sign of the 540 climbing saw yet?

Spike the 550xp is the auto tune version correct? Do you know how much it weighs? I am wanting a 50cc limbing saw with a better air filter than the ms260 has. plus a smoother running saw with better spring handle set up. thanks

Spike the 550xp is the auto tune version correct? Do you know how much it weighs? I am wanting a 50cc limbing saw with a better air filter than the ms260 has. plus a smoother running saw with better spring handle set up. thanks

If what's going on with the 562 is any sort of indicator, I wouldn't hold your breath! (or your wallet for that matter)

Last edited:

It is, and he does, but he deserve to post it himself.

The 260 is pretty useless as a limber btw, because of the slow trigger responce! :givebeer:

If what's going on with the 562 is any sort of indicator, I wouldn't hold your breath! (or your wallet for that matter)

I did hear about the 562 recall and hpoe the next new model saws will have been checked alot better then the 562. I am always cautious on purchasing any thing new without waiting for awhile to see if it has any bugs that need to be worked out first.

It is, and he does, but he deserve to post it himself.

The 260 is pretty useless as a limber btw, because of the slow trigger responce! :givebeer:

I have to say you are 100% correct sawtroll on having a slow trigger response .
I have tried to tune the low speed for better throttle response but no such luck . Could be me that needs more practice on tuneing .

I didn't notice it up there earlier today. It definitely looks the same as the 555/562, can't wait! Well, I can, I have to :msp_smile:

Latest posts

Back