560 XP toast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I don't see how this is instantly an AT failure?

I guess it's the sign of the future....every time someone has a problem with a newer saw it's automatically has to be the Auto Tune or M Tronic.
Throw out or forget about all the Fundamental Things it could be..:confused:

My train of thought when something breaks typically starts with "crap, what did I do wrong?"

I guess it's the sign of the future....every time someone has a problem with a newer saw it's automatically has to be the Auto Tune or M Tronic.
Throw out or forget about all the Fundamental Things it could be..:confused:

Not just the future, it has been that way for a while - it is comical, but also tragic....:msp_rolleyes:

Like moody said, if it actually was the AT that failed, it would be the first time I heard of that - and the AT has been out since 2006 or so.

I guess I don't see how this is instantly an AT failure?

I'm glad my sarcasm didn't go unnoticed :rock:

My guess is his muffler quit mufflin and his brake broke and the whole thing went to poo... ok so sarcasm aside he claims he didn't gas it. My question is your chain on backwards or very dull? I'm not trying to insult your pride everyone at some point has made these mistakes. Those two things cause a lot of heat. Auto tune or not you can't compensate for heat in poor conditions.

I'm glad my sarcasm didn't go unnoticed :rock:

My guess is his muffler quit mufflin and his brake broke and the whole thing went to poo... ok so sarcasm aside he claims he didn't gas it. My question is your chain on backwards or very dull? I'm not trying to insult your pride everyone at some point has made these mistakes. Those two things cause a lot of heat. Auto tune or not you can't compensate for heat in poor conditions.

I guess that a badly clogged spark screen ("helped" by the overly oil rich fuel mix) could be a contributing factor - specially in combination with a dull chain.

But this is just one of several possibilities......

Top of the piston looks beat up, then at the same area of the combustion chamber it looks beat up as well.

How is the play to the crank/rod/bearings?

Top of the piston looks beat up, then at the same area of the combustion chamber it looks beat up as well.

How is the play to the crank/rod/bearings?

Being that the scoring is just exhaust side I'd say that's not the culprit.

But there's no reason to leave rocks unturned. Check everything you can saws aren't cheap no sense in doing this twice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being that the scoring is just exhaust side I'd say that's not the culprit.

But there's no reason to leave rocks unturned. Check everything you can saws aren't cheap no sense in doing this twice.

Yes, it is very important to fix the reason that it failed, before it is rebuilt. If not, it will happen again.

The pics are too unclear for me, to to give much clue regarding what happened.

Not just the future, it has been that way for a while - it is comical, but also tragic....:msp_rolleyes:

Like moody said, if it actually was the AT that failed, it would be the first time I heard of that - and the AT has been out since 2006 or so.

Is it even possible,as AT isn't a part so you can't pull it off and replace it.

file:///C:/Users/Helen/Pictures/2013-07-23%20chainsaw/chainsaw%20107.JPGView attachment 305487View attachment 305488View attachment 305489View attachment 305490 a few picture of a quick tear down ..yup she needs a cylinder and piston :msp_scared:

Obviously I can't diagnose the saw from my desk, but I will ask a few questions. Did you do anything to the cylinder before you took the pics? was the air filter clean? how old was the fuel?

Yuengling just went through some qc issues with all the expansion the passed few years, and it's really hurt sales and has lost my respect. My favorite brewery in PA is by far Victory brewing out of Downingtown.:givebeer:

Last edited:
Back