Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mingo, have you run a 357XP? I am wondering if the 562 is all that much more saw? I dislike the air purge (primer)..the 357 doesn't have that.

562 vs 357

Mingo, have you run a 357XP? I am wondering if the 562 is all that much more saw? I dislike the air purge (primer)..the 357 doesn't have that.

Have 562xp since last fall used a 266se and 357xp until getting 562 it will out cut my other saws every time when bucking.like the 562 for limbing and felling ,like others have said great balance .only reach for the 562 now.others are backup.

I tried a 357 and a 555 out at the show the 562 had more power and it has the big bar mount same as the 372 and the 576. It was about $30 more than the 357 and they told me they have stopped making the 357's. We'll see how it holds up they also said they had a problem with the case bolt under the muffler coming out on the 562 and sucking the seal in, but they have corrected that. I know a couple of loggers that bought a 562 and liked it so much they bought another one they do all their felling with them. They also have a new 372 and said it floods real easy.

The big bar mount would be sweet...I hate the set up the 357 has...putting the chain on is a real PITA. But, the 357 is hard to beat as a limbing saw; light and powerful.

I like the 562 XP a lot I don't own one but I did try one out and it was sweet, Had a 18 In bar and it cut very well. I will be adding one of these to my Line up at some point for sure.

The big bar mount would be sweet...I hate the set up the 357 has...putting the chain on is a real PITA. But, the 357 is hard to beat as a limbing saw; light and powerful.

The 562xp will out cut a 357xp. My dad tried my 562 and then sold all of his 357's and bought 2 562xp's. I chopper,limbed and bucked a tractor trailer load of pine with my 562 with no problems. The only time I grab a bigger saw now is if I am cutting large hardwood (20" +).

The 562xp will out cut a 357xp. My dad tried my 562 and then sold all of his 357's and bought 2 562xp's. I chopper,limbed and bucked a tractor trailer load of pine with my 562 with no problems. The only time I grab a bigger saw now is if I am cutting large hardwood (20" +).

I bought the 357 as a limbing saw that can chop if need be. My hired man has a 372, and I have a 576 for the bigger stuff, though my man uses the 357 mostly and I use the 576 for everything.
While I would like to have the 562, I really have no need. In fact, my man wants me to get a 346 for limbing, his elbows are junk and lighter is better. I am not convinced 1.1 pounds will be worth the price of admission.

The 357 with a 20" and a sharp chain cuts 9/10ths as well as the 372 IMO. If I had to choose, I'd take the 357 over the 372 for every day logging.

Last edited:
ive been running a ported 562xp more and more lately [video=youtube;CZ_Qjcx0J2M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ_Qjcx0J2M&list=UUqYITg6g1quHLq4YJfxj_qA&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

Been running the 562 for about a month 20" bar full skip chain. It cuts almost as good as the 576 autotune with a 24" bar. The saw really smooth and light. I'm going to try it with a 24" bar when the 20" chain is done. It's the best saw I have run for power and weight just have to see how it holds up.

That 562 looks like a pretty mean saw. Would like to see some pictures of it in some big wood.

I added one to my collection it is a sweet saw. I run a 20 Inch Bar on it, I have a 18 In set up for it also.

I've got my first 3 tanks of gas through mine. Picked it up at the logging congress in Oshkosh last month. Running 20" Oregon power match, and .058 LGX chain. Filed the rakers down to "grabby". Very impressed.

24" bar

Had to cut some pine, so I put the 2 foot bar on the 562 to see how it would handle it. I thought it might be to much for itView attachment 260034, but to my surprise there seemed to be no loss of power,and the 576a/t hasn't come out of the back of the truck ever since. It may be a little slower in cutting a tree down(and not by much) compared to the 576, but you more than make it up when your limbing. The only negatives I have are the outboard clutch, and if the saw lays over on the bar side it will leak a fair amount of oil, but for the weight, power,and smoothness this is the nicest saw I have ever run. Now we will just have to see how it will hold up over the long run.

That's wierd, in Britain we have the 560xp not 562xp. Maybe they're exectly the same, seems odd to make two models so close together. Mine is a great machine, my first experience of auto tune though sometimes it's hard to start, particularly after you run right out of fuel. Since downsizing to this saw my golfers elbow hardly troubles me at all. Just that little bit less weight

Back