562XP 20 or 24in bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bar Lengh...

• Total voters

MidKnight

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Currently running a 20inch TSUMURA bar on it, but thinking about changing to a 24inch. Balance is important to me, and with the 20in if held up by the handle, it balances perfectly. never tried a 24inch, so interested to hear from those who have tried both a 20 and a 24

I have never put a 24" bar on my 560xp, as it would be very front heavy - but of course it can be done occationally, when/if the need arises.
A 20" bar is already a long bar on a 60cc saw, I prefere to use a 16".

I have a 20" total bar on my 2260 and a 24" bar on my 372. They both balance well.

I don't like running a 24" on my 372's let alone a smaller saw. Do you always need a 24" or is it a occasional thing where you can switch it out like I do? I actually run a 20" on my 390 most of the time for firewood. CJ

Like Kenjax, I wanted the lightest saw that would capably handle a 24in bar in hardwoods. My 562 has proven itself in that regard. Having said that, it is a little nose heavy & does balance perfectly with the 20in Techlite. Another plus, if you want to go with the 24in, is that it will oil that bar very well.

Currently running a 20inch TSUMURA bar on it, but thinking about changing to a 24inch. Balance is important to me, and with the 20in if held up by the handle, it balances perfectly. never tried a 24inch, so interested to hear from those who have tried both a 20 and a 24

What is the weight of your 20 inch? Guessing its a solid bar. What wood are you cutting? I think in softwoods you can go up to 28, 24 would be better though. In hardwoods, guys prefer shorter, but if you're not in a hurry, 24 should be fine.

My 562 is really front heavy with the 24" Cannon. I love the bar length though, thinking about trying a 24" light bar or maybe even a 20" TechLite since the Cannon isn't exactly like a feather.

DSCN1023_zpsaf2915ac.JPG

While not a 562, my 262 has always worn a 20" and it balances very well. This is the biggest that Husky recommends for my saw and I have no need for anything bigger with the wood I cut. I see that Husky does spec a 24" bar for the 562 though so the balance must be ok.

My 362c balances a tad tip heavy with my sugi 24" bar but it will cut fine if u dont bury the bar and use the extra length for limbing without bending over. The 362 with 18" stihl es is a tad handle heavy so the 20 light should balance perfect

I run a 24 on mine if needed for climbing or bucket work. No its not like a 372 but I'll take it up any day to save a few lbs. On the ground 372 gets called in. Skip chain too on the 562.

Weight is not a huge issue for me until you get into the 395 territory. Anyway if I am spending more that about 5-6 seconds in a cut I am grabbing a bigger saw. Bar length? a 24" for me, the tip will hit the ground so unless I need the length all my saws wear a 20" except the 346 that has a 18" CJ

I've ran a 24 skip chain on my 562 and it pulls it fine with a muffler mod. Lighter the bar the better for balance.

I guess it depends on the application, it will definitely make it mount heavy with the extended weight, I have tried the saw a couple of different times with a 24" and the front mounts were clearly shot. maybe it was caused by the guys bending the bar to put the chain on?? but I have done that lots to my little 57 with a 20" and not fvcked up the mounts.

Latest posts

Back