562xp questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wombat Ranger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've got a 2013 562xp. I got it 2nd hand without really knowing anything about it, and had no experience with computer saws prior. It's been temperamental but I think I may have finally figured out how to make it run right.

Is the big secret, to never use the choke? As soon as I stopped using the choke the saw starts, idles, and operates correctly. When I use the choke to start it, it won't idle and runs like crap.

Other question. Does the XPW model differ from the XP model in any way besides wrap handle and double dogs?

I can't think of anything else at the moment so here is a picture of my 562xp.

1654962415278.jpeg

I can't say I've heard of that issue before, but if not choking it makes it run well I wouldn't choke it. No, there aren't any differences between a 562 with a half wrap and a 562 with a 3/4 wrap out side of the things you've mentioned.

The 562 is one of husky’s best saws, it’s a little light saber. I love the wrap handle on it, good ergos. Don’t know about the choke issue, mine requires it on cold starts like most saws do. But if you figured out how to make it go then just keep doing it!

Yeah I'm actually thinking about putting the 1/2 wrap back on mine. The full wrap is useful but also in the way sometimes. If it were my one and only saw (honestly I could do everything I need to with it) the full wrap would be a necessity. I may try to mount it on my work truck somewhere, in which case it would be perfect with 24" bar and full wrap.

I happened upon a 3/4 wrap bar with double larger dogs than my saw originally came with. Install was just finished up last night and this time of year there isn't much light after work to get out and make wood. During the process I swapped out the original 20inch husky for this Jap lite bar 24". I've officially caught the saw bug if ya know what I mean and this 24 was destined for a 70cc that I haven't been able to talk myself into yet. My next step up is an 88cc running full comp 28" and an 8 pin sprocket. Finally - with those that run a 24 on the 562, do you find they need to be babied a bit on harder cutting woods like Ash and Oak or is there enough grunt? This is my first wrap handle too we'll see how I like it in use.. appreciate the feedback!

Attachments

• 20221107_213750.jpg
    20221107_213750.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
I happened upon a 3/4 wrap bar with double larger dogs than my saw originally came with. Install was just finished up last night and this time of year there isn't much light after work to get out and make wood. During the process I swapped out the original 20inch husky for this Jap lite bar 24". I've officially caught the saw bug if ya know what I mean and this 24 was destined for a 70cc that I haven't been able to talk myself into yet. My next step up is an 88cc running full comp 28" and an 8 pin sprocket. Finally - with those that run a 24 on the 562, do you find they need to be babied a bit on harder cutting woods like Ash and Oak or is there enough grunt? This is my first wrap handle too we'll see how I like it in use.. appreciate the feedback!
The 562 is fast with a 20 or smaller. Just need to take it easy in bigger hardwood and keep the chain sharp and they’ll do ok

Latest posts

Back