Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scaczac

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hey everyone,went to the husky dealer today and was wondering your opinion on the husky 570.haven't read much about it on here.i know everybody will tell me to get the 372 but the dealer said it was old technology and will probably be discontinued.he didn't have any 372's for me to compare and i have heard nothing but good things about the 372 but very little on the 570.the 570 was priced at 669.00.is this a fair price for it or should i try to find another dealer.
also what model stihl is comparable to the 570 or 372 ?.
thanks alot

Buy a 372xp or a Stihl 440 while you still can.:deadhorse: The Husky 570 or 575xp isn't as good, and reports about the Stihl 441 are mixed, but its heavier than the 440. If you still have doubts buy a Stihl 460 or Dolmar 7900.:bowdown:

Could all of us on here be wrong? Get a 372xp or 440, if you need more power then a 460 or 390xp or maybe a Dolmar 7900( hadn't run one so I can't say).
I had two husky dealers try to push a 575xp on me when I was wanting a 372xp.
There will be plenty of time to buy Fat Bottom Girls (570,575,441) later and thats what I told them.

Could all of us on here be wrong? Get a 372xp or 440, if you need more power then a 460 or 390xp or maybe a Dolmar 7900( hadn't run one so I can't say).
I had two husky dealers try to push a 575xp on me when I was wanting a 372xp.
There will be plenty of time to buy Fat Bottom Girls (570,575,441) later and thats what I told them.

The power to weight of the 570 doesn't make it worth the time, look up the specs on it. I have had dealers trying to push the 575 on me also because the 576 is coming out soon. The 372 is getting harder to find, dealers can still order them it seems but delievery to the dealer is getting slower, or so I was told by a dealer.

As for the price Scaczac, for only $130 more you can get a saw that you won't end up wishing you didn't buy.

Last edited:
The 570/575 series are love/hate saws. Most hate them, but those that love them, love them dearly.
I don't like the way they feel, heavy and akward, and they have been plauged wih mechanical problems from the get go, hence the 576 upgrade. If you get a good one, you will be nothing but happy, but odds are against getting a good one.
The dealer is right, the 372 is old technology. Old technology that WORKS!! The newer saws have to meet stricter emisions laws. That means more weight and more money, but it may or may not work!
I have not heard near the problems from the 441, but for the money and weight, I would have to get a 460 while I still could.
If you have a dealer, or are comfortable dealing with the net, look at the Dolmar 7900.
The 570/575 and 441 are what we are looking at for the future, I hope they can get the bugs out and the weight down soon.
I would go 372, 440, 7900 or 460 while you still can!

I think it's like cars. In the beginning, they built the best engines they could with the technology that was affordable at the time. Then came the EPA, and by 1978, there were two kinds of engines, the ones that ran like crap, and the ones with a lot of technology in them. 90% fell into the crap category.
In the 1990's, we could buy cars that ran like the supercars of the 1960's, but got two to four times the fuel economy and handled infinitely better, but we had to drive a lot of crap before that happened.

I think it's like cars. In the beginning, they built the best engines they could with the technology that was affordable at the time. Then came the EPA, and by 1978, there were two kinds of engines, the ones that ran like crap, and the ones with a lot of technology in them. 90% fell into the crap category.
In the 1990's, we could buy cars that ran like the supercars of the 1960's, but got two to four times the fuel economy and handled infinitely better, but we had to drive a lot of crap before that happened.

:agree2:

It took domestic car companies more than 10 years to figure out how to make cars that met the 1975 emissions and still run well. In the mid 70's, you basically had two choices: get a used car with a big honkin' V-8 that ran great, or a new car with a choked-down V-6 that ran like doggiepoo. Or, you were an 'early adopter" who bought a Datsun, Toyota or Honda with a fuel-efficient 4-cylinder that ran fairly well. There will probably be a few saws that meet the 2010 regs and still run great, and there will probably be a much bigger percentage that :censored: big time. The 460, 660, 372XP, 390XP, PS7900, these are the "muscle cars" of the chainsaw world. Right now, these are the saws that we KNOW will perform. No guessing.

I think that one day, a 372XP will seem to be smoky, gas-guzzling dinosaur. Ever get behind an old 1960's Mustang or Camaro? What smelly stinkers. But I don't want to re-live that painful 10-year period in-between without a nice arsenal of "muscle saws".

hey everyone,went to the husky dealer today and was wondering your opinion on the husky 570.

here's my opionion: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Very underpowered for the considerably higher weight. This saw was supposed to be a replacement for the Husky 365 Special, but weighs about 2 lbs more. That's about a 15% increase in weight, with less reliability!

You probably won't find a new 365 Special around, but you can still get the cool red cousin Johnny. (Jonsered model 2165). Other alternatives in the same general price/weight range are the 372XP or Stihl. If you can get a new Stihl 440, RUN and buy it!

The 441 is newer technology but much, much better than the Husky 570/575 saws, and would IMHO also be a good option. Just say "NO" to any Husky saw with a model number that starts with "4xx" or "5xx".

If your intrested in the 570 then spend the extra on the 575. Or forget about both and buy a 372.

I use a 575, Yes its heavy, that said the tourq is fantastic especially in big stuff. The saw itself also feels comfortable for me the weight isnt a massive isue.

I cant comment on the 575s rep, mine has been sound and i feel it is a good saw ( Iv had it 12 months). My dealer admits to having sold comparitvly few but out of these no isues, in the UK as would seem the US the 372 is still the 70cc husqy of choice.

If you have J'Red dealer near by.

Just got in from the local Husky, Jonsered, & Dolmar dealer. J'red Drag and Bag price on a 2171 is $655 with 20 inch bar. For $14 less you can get a far superior saw to the 570. Question you need to ask yourself, can you live with red and black and a straight handle?

Food for thought.

Take Care

husky455

Picked up an 18 inch bar and a couple of chains for the 357XP.

Also spent a lot of time checking out the American log splitters. Can definitely see one of those in the future when I start attacking the big oaks around here. Probably will be able to trade the 372XP towards it.

What's new for you?

Take Care

Back