Thoughts on new Echo 355T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squidward

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My Mom is 80, lives on acre of semi-wooded property in another state.

In the past, I'd bring my own saws down in my truck during Christmas or other visits. I've probably cut down well over a half dozen trees on her place, taken down large limbs, etc. More than that counting when my dad was living and I'd help him.

Recently, picked up a 355T. Not for bucket climbing, more a matter of they had it in stock and price was right, Ergonomics of it work fine for me. I have a 2511T (whatever number--the ultra small gas saw).

Thoughts: good power to weight, made mincemeat out of a small, multi--trunk camphor tree. Easy on my 60 year old self after hefting the Echo 7310 and fairly heavy Farm Boss I have at home.

The dealer set it up, checked it out. It ran good, on the whole, but it did seem more temperamental about starting than my other Echos--including two trimmers and two other saws.
I'd compare it in this sense to my Stihl 460 Mag (2009 model), which could be quite ornery about starting hot.

It ran for the duration of the job, got it done, but it is so far the most temperamental Echo I've encountered. May run it back in to the dealer to see if it needs a carb adjustment.

Any thoughts/advice are welcome. Echo makes the chokes just slightly different on all their equipment, I notice. That is, the control is in a different place, it is a slightly different dance using it to get it cold started, etc.
That's one thing I've liked about the Stihl chainsaws. Same basic choke unless they've changed it lately.

My Mom is 80, lives on acre of semi-wooded property in another state.

In the past, I'd bring my own saws down in my truck during Christmas or other visits. I've probably cut down well over a half dozen trees on her place, taken down large limbs, etc. More than that counting when my dad was living and I'd help him.

Recently, picked up a 355T. Not for bucket climbing, more a matter of they had it in stock and price was right, Ergonomics of it work fine for me. I have a 2511T (whatever number--the ultra small gas saw).

Thoughts: good power to weight, made mincemeat out of a small, multi--trunk camphor tree. Easy on my 60 year old self after hefting the Echo 7310 and fairly heavy Farm Boss I have at home.

The dealer set it up, checked it out. It ran good, on the whole, but it did seem more temperamental about starting than my other Echos--including two trimmers and two other saws.
I'd compare it in this sense to my Stihl 460 Mag (2009 model), which could be quite ornery about starting hot.

It ran for the duration of the job, got it done, but it is so far the most temperamental Echo I've encountered. May run it back in to the dealer to see if it needs a carb adjustment.

Any thoughts/advice are welcome. Echo makes the chokes just slightly different on all their equipment, I notice. That is, the control is in a different place, it is a slightly different dance using it to get it cold started, etc.
That's one thing I've liked about the Stihl chainsaws. Same basic choke unless they've changed it lately.
What's your thoughts on the 7310?

Latest posts

Back