576xp husky performance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryandauncey

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hey guys got a 576xp for building log homes it needs more balls i cut 35-40 foot laterals all day long and i know i can cut faster with it but she bogs down hard need more power

?? Are you looking for a bigger saw??:dunno: If your 576 is new, It's going to need some run time before the rings seat. You're also probably not use to a sharp chain, try letting the saw cut without forcing it through the log. A saw with a sharp chain should always self feed, if you have to force the saw to cut, your chain's dull.

you could try modding the muffler. there are a lot of post on here about it just search muffler mod. If you are milling lumber with it you can get a special ripping chain that makes the process a little easier on the saw. Though a full skip chisel chain will cut faster.

she is 3 months old chain sharp as hell just need more power not mill, cutting scribed lines v cut or 4 cut

Upgrade to a full skip should speed things up. It has less cutters so the saw doesn't have to work as hard. Also one of the cheapest things you can do to gain cutting speed.

On a side note, if your saw is bogging alot you may have the drags a little low. Mayby not.

Like I said earlier a muffler mod is an easy way to gain a little power. If you have one of the epa saws with the cat. on the muffler go to your dealer and order a muffler without a cat.

its a plain husky chain that i got i do muffler mods on trucks and stuff but always stay away from 2 stroke got a way to do the muffler thing

its a plain husky chain that i got i do muffler mods on trucks and stuff but always stay away from 2 stroke got a way to do the muffler thing

this is what I did to my husky. crude but very effective

IMG_0748.jpg

Those Husky chains are crap. Put an Oregon LGX, sharpened at 30°/60°/10° and she'll scream like a raped ape.

I have both chains and the Husky's are the last one's I grab when I'm cutting.

As for your chain check out baileys they are a sponsor here on the site they have very good deals on chain. Alot of people here like the stihl chain but they are mostly stihl Nazis I personally don't care for it. it stretches like a rubber band. I like woodland pro and oregon. Just don't get safety chain.

Now that you have told me that you are using the husky chain that is most likely most of your problem. Get a good full chisel chain. If you not very experienced with the saw I wouldn't go with full skip yet, it can kick back very easy and sometimes violently.

hmm looks red neck like me hahaha i like will it make that much of a diff or should i just chrome it and say it works haha

I'd say just a geuss I gained about 15 - 20% by opening up the muffler. Like I said crude but effective. I was told that the muffler mod wouldn't do me any good on my saw because of the strato engine design but those nay sayers were full of crap.

Those Husky chains are crap. Put an Oregon LGX, sharpened at 30°/60°/10° and she'll scream like a raped ape.

I have both chains and the Husky's are the last one's I grab when I'm cutting.

:agree2: A better chain would help. I'm not sure how much a muffler will help your saw, but you'll likely get a bit more out of her. I'd have it ported, porting will give you an average minimum of 15% more power.:cheers:

I'd say just a geuss I gained about 15 - 20% by opening up the muffler. Like I said crude but effective. I was told that the muffler mod wouldn't do me any good on my saw because of the strato engine design but those nay sayers were full of crap.

I think 15 to 20% is stretching it a bit, a muffler mod is usually good for 5% or so.

what about boring and putting a bigger piston in it is that possible will the auto tune compensate for it
I wouldn't. That autotune is designed around a stock system, but one of the guys here got a 576 and ported it after he got it broken in. There was a considerable performance increase. Bookerdog I think. Haven't seen him around much lately.

I've got a 576 with the regular carb and I really like the way mine runs. I bury the thing in a frozen solid, 4' dia. Ponderosa Pine, on a 36" bar and I didn't have any problems at all. The only time I got bogging was if I was pushing the saw too hard or I had a dull chain.

Latest posts

Back