576xp husky performance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what about boring and putting a bigger piston in it is that possible will the auto tune compensate for it

Not really an option on a saw unless you want to spend more on the cylinder than the saw is worth. The cylinders are plated if you bore it you'll have to get it re- plated.

what about boring and putting a bigger piston in it is that possible will the auto tune compensate for it

Hahaha NO! :cheers: By the time you bore out the cylinder, and have it re coated, you could buy a couple of new 660, considering you can find a piston that will fit. If you want more power, send it out to someone that knows what they're doing.:cheers:

Last edited:
not an option i can do work my self but just need to know how

It's not quite that easy. A few little things can make a saw run great, a few wrong things and you need a new Piston and cylinder, or worse.:cheers:

Stick around for a few months, do some searching, blsnelling has some nice porting threads among others, than we can help you with the fine details.

Last edited:
i have done 6 1950 ford flatheads and made 250 horse like nuthin im sure i can do the porting on a saw im just wonderin how everyone else has done it too this one ive never worked on 2 strokes

i have done 6 1950 ford flatheads and made 250 horse like nuthin im sure i can do the porting on a saw im just wonderin how everyone else has done it too this one ive never worked on 2 strokes

That's the problem 2 stroke engines are quite a bit different than 4 stroke automotive engines. For starters modern 2 cycle chainsaw engines don't have valves, the piston acts as both the intake and exhaust valve, then you have the internal transfers.

Like I said stick around a few weeks, and do some reading.:cheers:

how about a small nitrous tanks can that be run on a 2 stroke maybe 2-3 horse

Head to a real saw shop and pick up a loop of Oregon LGX or Stihl RSC and don't let 'em send you out with some homeowner safety chain garbage like the Husky chain you are currently fighting.

Lemme guess, the husky chain you are using has those bent over rakers?

Yes. A good chain makes that much difference.

Your 576 should have waaay more than enough attitude for what you are doing, and no need to lean on it.

Stick around.:cheers:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Those Husky chains are crap. Put an Oregon LGX, sharpened at 30°/60°/10° and she'll scream like a raped ape.

I have both chains and the Husky's are the last one's I grab when I'm cutting.

What Husky chain are you referring to?

Husky chain is rebadged Oregon chain.

hey guys got a 576xp for building log homes it needs more balls i cut 35-40 foot laterals all day long and i know i can cut faster with it but she bogs down hard need more power

Assuming "laterals" mean along the log, across the grain, that is very taxing on a chainsaw, and a slow prosess.

If so, you simply use a too small saw, and you need ripping chain (10% top-plate angle).

no offense to the op but it would help if he slowed down and wrote a few sentences out...everyone is taking time and effort to guess what his problems and needs are

Back