6 saws ripped off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveyclimber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Lost six saws last night in Red Bluff CA ,tweekers cut the locks and tried to steal our gas . They got no gas because of theft resistant fuel tank . Lost $4,000 in replacement value

2 MS460 , dual port mufflers ,ported jugs , 30" oregon bars , Max Flow filter assembly 1 half wrap 1 full wrap

2 MS360 24" oregon bars , one square top filter cover and one smooth top filter cover

2 Husqvarna 335xpt Cali specials 16" husky bars

For sale:

For sale:

2 MS460 , dual port mufflers ,ported jugs , 30" oregon bars , Max Flow filter assembly 1 half wrap 1 full wrap

2 MS360 24" oregon bars , one square top filter cover and one smooth top filter cover

2 Husqvarna 335xpt Cali specials 16" husky bars

Kidding of course, hope your insurance covers your loss...

[

Kidding of course, hope your insurance covers your loss...[/QUOTE]

Nope , but once you get them damn tweekers turning on eachother I will most likely find out who did it and pay them a visit :sword:

Find them and kill em'. That's what I wanted to do when all of my gear got stolen. I never found my guy, but if we kill em all we'll eventually eliminate all thieves, we gotta start somewhere....

Dateline Dec28,2005 RedBluff California-
Authorities report the death of 2 tweakers following an incident being called "the chainsaw enema". Further details are not available at this time.

I have heard if you want your insurance company to cover your equipment and gear you have to create an inventory of your stuff. I have been thinking of creating a digital photo inventory of all the stuff I have with a list price next to it. That way I can prove I had the stuff to begin with, you know?

Do you have to pay extra for theft too?

In AR if you have business property coverage then it's covered. If it's not listed as business property then a good homeowner's policy will cover it. All bets are off if you are incorporated cause it doesn't belong to you it belongs to the company.

Fred

While we are on the subject I thought I would mention the latest scam. Two guys will wait for you at say home depot or something. One Dude will follow you into the store while another stays behind to rip off your truck. When you are checking out the guy that was following you calls his buddy in the parking lot on his cell and warns him. My buddy had 5 saws stollen this way. They were chained and Locked up. Look out!!!

Its not likely that a tweaker would use e-bay, but we'll all keep an eye out there and elsewhere.
The above sentence is just stating the obvious, but also keeps this thread available for others.
Good Luck.

Last edited:
Mr. said:
In AR if you have business property coverage then it's covered. If it's not listed as business property then a good homeowner's policy will cover it. All bets are off if you are incorporated cause it doesn't belong to you it belongs to the company.

Fred

I have good experience's with insurance covering stolen items. The problem was when a neigbors druggie kid stole my cousin's 4 wheeler then a couple days later stole mine. We took them back and the cops said they could not do anything because we took them back. Well the insurance company considered mine "totalled" so they paid me based on the value minus salavage and I kept it. I ran it for a few years then low and behold another jack"" neighbor kid stole it again. The real kick in the pants was I worked with the kids worthless father. He knew damm well his kid stole it but never said anything. Once agin we took it back. This time the insurance company did not want to pay for the extra damage they did. I still have that 4 wheeler but it is now total junk.

Bill

A good friend of mine (a wild Tahitian with tattoos all over his body, including his forehead) owns a tree company and one of his sons saw a guy from another tree service make a quick grab of one of their big saws and take off. He told his father and he went to pay the owner of that company a visit. He told him that if the saw (or a brand new one) was not brought back to his house by 6pm that day, he would find a lot of his stuff missing and his equipment burned. The other owner had the saw back by 3pm and profusely apologized for his employee's actions. My friend is who I think of when I see the sticker that says, "I don't call 911 and the picture of a gun."

Hope you find out who stole your saws.

I hate to say this, but it's probably somebody you know.

One of my saws got ripped off a few years ago. It was stolen from the place where I was keeping my gear at the time. I know who took it too. It's kind of funny though, every time I see that guy he asks about where do I have my equipment now, what do I still have, etc. How I would love to have the balls to say to the guy "Look ????head, I know you took my saw." But I can't prove he took it. So that kind of sucks.

treeman82 said:
I hate to say this, but it's probably somebody you know.

One of my saws got ripped off a few years ago. It was stolen from the place where I was keeping my gear at the time. I know who took it too. It's kind of funny though, every time I see that guy he asks about where do I have my equipment now, what do I still have, etc. How I would love to have the balls to say to the guy "Look ????head, I know you took my saw." But I can't prove he took it. So that kind of sucks.

Maybe next time he asks you should set him up and tell him then watch your stuff. Might take a bit but imagine the great feeling if you get him.

Arnie

Latest posts

Back