60cc for just over $100????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I been wanting a Chinese $100 saw to play with but the reviews aren’t good. Most Chinese saws are clones of each other if we look closely at the crankcase. I’m not going after a farmertec there $300 up. On the other hand the farmertec husky clones the parts do interchange. I wonder how good these $100 saws really. The four stroke senix is a novelty.(toy)

No local dealer will take my amazon gift cards so I’m stuck with a Chinese saw. Here’s one,

I been wanting a Chinese $100 saw to play with but the reviews aren’t good. Most Chinese saws are clones of each other if we look closely at the crankcase. I’m not going after a farmertec there $300 up. On the other hand the farmertec husky clones the parts do interchange. I wonder how good these $100 saws really. The four stroke senix is a novelty.(toy)

No local dealer will take my amazon gift cards so I’m stuck with a Chinese saw. Here’s one,
I have a couple of these but different brands.
Go with the 58cc dereal one or a joncutter 5800.
Some of the 62's are the cc they claim (I have one a timberpro) but they all have the same undersized carb so I like the 58(actually a 54cc) the best. The 62 doesnt cut any better or faster than the 58, the 52 is the cheapest and just a little bit slower than the 58.
Your main issues with these cheap saws will be soft antivibe mounts, soft top handle, less rpm then a pro saw and hard on gas but they do start good and always cut wood.

Coocheer and Garwinner, names you can trust lol I don’t own one and I don’t care one way or the other but they sure are creative with their names.

I been wanting a Chinese $100 saw to play with but the reviews aren’t good.

If you go with one of the 6220 chainsaws, The 6220h/g models seem to have functioning air filters. Applying the choke applies the high idle until you pull the trigger, rather than a separate throttle lock button. There is also a more traditional slide kill switch rather than the long metal flippy rod switch.

Dereal (dark blue), Garwinner (light blue), Salem Master (same colors) have the newer revisions. They are identifiable by the single quick release snap on the back of the top cover instead of the screw on top prior generation or screw on the back prior prior generation.

They only cost ~$5 more than the older model Dereal you linked.

Do yourself a favor and get a decent saw from a decent manufacturer.
Your legs/fingers/face are worth more than the price difference between a real saw and a Chinese knock-off.
Read for comprehension "I been wanting a Chinese $100 saw to play with" as in PLAY, no real work done.

English Major sorry for work n play.

The Chikura hus 365 is a husky clone.

I have a 372xp all apart here.

I bought the Holzfforma G372 a couple of years ago (Husky 365 clone). I have used it very little because I have cut very little wood the past couple of years, but it cuts very well and parts interchange with the Husky
I paid $209 PHO in Dec 2019.
Am happy with it for the little I have used it.

I bought the Holzfforma G372 a couple of years ago (Husky 365 clone). I have used it very little because I have cut very little wood the past couple of years, but it cuts very well and parts interchange with the Husky
I paid $209 PHO in Dec 2019.
Am happy with it for the little I have used it.
I am betting Dutch has never run one.

I am betting Dutch has never run one.
You win the bet. Getting my certificate NKC1 on 25 Feb. (Nederlands Kettingzaag Certificaat = Dutch Chainsaw Certificate). There are 6 of them for various levels of skill and applications, and 1 is basic maintenance, legal issues, and how not to kill yourself with a saw.

You win the bet. Getting my certificate NKC1 on 25 Feb. (Nederlands Kettingzaag Certificaat = Dutch Chainsaw Certificate). There are 6 of them for various levels of skill and applications, and 1 is basic maintenance, legal issues, and how not to kill yourself with a saw.
The state gave a little cutting course here decades ago. Mainly home owners showed up.

Latest posts

Back