60cc, to many options

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
foeke

foeke

ArboristSite Operative
If you're dead set on a 60cc saw, the Dolmar 6100 or Stihl 362 is where I'd look. My new 562 doesn't like to start if a mouse farts in the wrong direction, and believe me I'm not alone! Don't listen to the anti Dolmar crowd, they're just envious of guys that have little screwdrivers, and know how to use them. Properly[emoji41]

But honestly I'm not a big 60cc saw guy, just open up the muffler on the 353, delete the base gasket, and you may just forget about a 60cc saw altogether.
You are the third mentioning this point. Interresting. I didn't even consider that 60cc is not all that popular. It got my attention because of all the raving cs590 fans. And thought 20% more cc's 20% more weight and 35% more power. That's a nice trade off. Be assured I'm not going to bet on one of the 550xp or 560xp's. I know I don't have the patience for tinkering on a new saw.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One mini 2 met Tapatalk

bwalker
In the past I viewed the 60cc class as kinda of a bastard size. Doesn't have the jam of a 70cc saw and isn't as handy as a 50cc saw.
The 562 changed this opinion. The saw is flat out angry and will cut with a 70cc saw in wood appropriate for a 60cc saw. In fact I have to believe a 562 would smoke my old ms440 in 18" oak.

Andy, sorry to hear about the poor luck you have had with your 562. Mine have been flawless since day one. I take it you have had a dealer look at it?

bmwpowere36m3

bmwpowere36m3

ArboristSite Operative
Picked up an ECHO CS-590... two tanks of gas and a mild muff-mod. So far I'm impressed, in many ways its better than my Dad's early Stihl 034 (WG). Granted is has a plastic grab handle, spur sprocket and plastic side cover. However its much smoother, more powerful, accelerates better, burns a lot less fuel and the air filter stays much cleaner.

Andyshine77
In the past I viewed the 60cc class as kinda of a bastard size. Doesn't have the jam of a 70cc saw and isn't as handy as a 50cc saw.
The 562 changed this opinion. The saw is flat out angry and will cut with a 70cc saw in wood appropriate for a 60cc saw. In fact I have to believe a 562 would smoke my old ms440 in 18" oak.

Andy, sorry to hear about the poor luck you have had with your 562. Mine have been flawless since day one. I take it you have had a dealer look at it?

Yes Spike 60 is looking over the saw, I'm sure he has his hands full this time of year so I told him to take is time.

You are the third mentioning this point. Interresting. I didn't even consider that 60cc is not all that popular. It got my attention because of all the raving cs590 fans. And thought 20% more cc's 20% more weight and 35% more power. That's a nice trade off. Be assured I'm not going to bet on one of the 550xp or 560xp's. I know I don't have the patience for tinkering on a new saw.

The cs590 is an awesome saw for the money, and is without a doubt the best firewood saw for the non AS elitist type. The issue with the cs590 is the bulk and to a less extent weight, it's a 70cc size saw.

foeke

foeke

ArboristSite Operative
Same weight as the 6100 and 3,9hp vs 4,5 of the dolmar. They should include liters in the specs . Or a new type of unit. Bulkyness, the b isn't used anyway I believe [emoji4] .

Latest posts