661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i never did care about the fuel economy though i can tell you my lawn boy 2 strokes ran better on h1r than the rest
a bit less noisy and smoother. though the slobber from the exhaust is awful.
Lawnboy should only be ran on tcw3 outboard oil. Penzoil synthetic has worked great in mine.
The exhaust port is very small on a LB and you will carbon it up quickie your are drooling like that.

Ok, back to basics. All these motorcycle oils are the boutique of the day it seems. From one to another to another.

How about a traditional Chainsaw Oil made expressively for Chainsaws? What are the top two if one had to pick two? This could be started as a pole I guess. Go ahead anyone! Andre, you have pretty much tried them all. What do you think?
Citgo air cooled and Husky silver bottle are decent. Then problem is in the case of the OEM oils is that you can buy better for cheaper.

Lawnboy should only be ran on tcw3 outboard oil. Penzoil synthetic has worked great in mine.
The exhaust port is very small on a LB and you will carbon it up quickie your are drooling like that.
i have not ran tcw3 in the mower for years it burns way cleaner,less smoke and doesn't foul the plugs or clog the exhaust up.

Citgo air cooled and Husky silver bottle are decent. Then problem is in the case of the OEM oils is that you can buy better for cheaper.
citgo land and sea is good stuff and its rated jaso fd. has a wierd color though.

i have not ran tcw3 in the mower for years it burns way cleaner,less smoke and doesn't foul the plugs or clog the exhaust up.
Than you were not using the right TCW3 oil. I haven't replaced a plug in my LB in years.
The thing about a LB is that they operate at constant throttle. As result the mettalic additives found in air cooled oils really start to buildup.

L
Just learned that Motul 710 can be used in an injector bike. I'm guessing that most any 2T oil with those viscosities would work in with injectors.
710 has an almost identical viscosity to 2R. The Lucas product is quit a bit thinner. I'd don't think I would run 710 in an injector system if the temps where below freezing.

after the test the guys wanted to try the 36 tsumura and RS with their saws to see how they would fair...

Hedgerow cutting - ported 064 - 19.7 sec

Hedgerow cutting -

Dexterday cutting - his mastermind 460 -

Dexterday cutting -Jrsdws Tree monkey 460 -

I think the difference between the stock 661 and ported 661 may be larger with a not stock chain. I'm not saying that the results aren't valid, just saying that you can't take a stock loop and utilize power to the best ability of a saw. Looks like you had fun

You can't really say much till your try another oil. With good oil ratio shouldn't matter and you should cut faster with more..
I'm still not seeing the elusive 30% claims no matter how many times I run my stopwatch. ??

It's there. . Just not the 661. I wish we would have ran a stock 460. We did in a smaller log and the results were greater than 30%.
I think the difference between the stock 661 and ported 661 may be larger with a not stock chain. I'm not saying that the results aren't valid, just saying that you can't take a stock loop and utilize power to the best ability of a saw. Looks like you had fun

Where the hell were you? It quit raining before 11am and was nice all day (a little wet :)) Took 11.5 hrs for me to drive home today (9.5 to Iowa with time loss)

It's there. . Just not the 661. I wish we would have ran a stock 460. We did in a smaller log and the results were greater than 30%.

Where the hell were you? It quit raining before 11am and was nice all day (a little wet :)) Took 11.5 hrs for me to drive home today (9.5 to Iowa with time loss)
At home I had to drive the other direction today. Trees don't kill and cut themselves to length. I just didn't have the funds available to make both trips like I thought I would.

Back