661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I made it home last night around 9:00 pm mountain time. It was great meeting you Redbull, and everyone else. Wish we had more time, so much going on, saws & people, just a lot to jam into one day. Maybe next year you can make it to the Iowa GTG, I plan to be there again!

I'm sure you will still have things to test be then, LOL :)

It was a good & fair test, with both operators each running the saws.

As for the whole 40:1 vs 32:1 Belray in the ported saw, the test results show, it cuts faster with the 40:1, not sure about longevity or durability, but as far as time goes, it cuts faster with the 40:1, the throttle was also noticeably crisper, and more responsive, not that it was dog on 32:1, but when you compare the two it was more responsive.

It does most people. I don't know what Tree Monkey did but he did it good. I could be an 064 salesman with that saw. It is my favorite saw of mine to run.

Yes,, either you or Hedgerow could be a salesman with the Tree Monkey 064! I thought about those all the way home, yes, I'm going to be on the hunt for a 064 :) thanks to you two guys!!

Didn't read the whole thread but I was at the Iowa GTG and the one thing I can say for certain is my Treemonkeyed 064 with 6 month + old gas mixed at 32:1 with amsoil saber took 1st place in your oil test. I will not change what I am doing.
Small world andy. I work with your brother in law Marve with blue chip

Well, I made it home last night around 9:00 pm mountain time. It was great meeting you Redbull, and everyone else. Wish we had more time, so much going on, saws & people, just a lot to jam into one day. Maybe next year you can make it to the Iowa GTG, I plan to be there again!

I'm sure you will still have things to test be then, LOL :)

It was a good & fair test, with both operators each running the saws.

As for the whole 40:1 vs 32:1 Belray in the ported saw, the test results show, it cuts faster with the 40:1, not sure about longevity or durability, but as far as time goes, it cuts faster with the 40:1, the throttle was also noticeably crisper, and more responsive, not that it was dog on 32:1, but when you compare the two it was more responsive.
The tests show H1R has negative effects on combustion. I said that about 50 pages ago...

So are you guys bumbed out the stock saws are more powerful than a ported saw with more oil lol lmfao
I'm not ....i don't own a ported saw so it don't matter to me which is faster. I'll still use 40:1 Lucas or Maxima Formula K2/Super M regardless of what is found here.

Was that your 046 as well?

The one video was labeled wrong I believe. Should all be fixed now.

Andy's 064 was one, Matt's 064, then my Mastermind 460, and Jrsdws Treemonkey 460. Those 064's are fast..

Wish we did this test before I bought this. LOL. Arrived at my door today

1430167755162.jpg
1430167828331.jpg

I may have to run a few tests of my own now..

The tests show H1R has negative effects on combustion. I said that about 50 pages ago...

Although I suspect you're right, it didn't even do that. The only thing it proved is that saw makes more power on that oil at 40:1. Other oils would have to be tested to prove that H1-R behaves differently than other oils. You'd also have to baseline the performance of the ported saw over stock, using the exact same mix. That was not done either. No controls were employed in the execution of this test. Therefore, we're only able to make less than sure assumptions from the results.

Didn't read the whole thread but I was at the Iowa GTG and the one thing I can say for certain is my Treemonkeyed 064 with 6 month + old gas mixed at 32:1 with amsoil saber took 1st place in your oil test. I will not change what I am doing.

Nope. He used Amsoil....disqualification. No Body likes Amsoil! Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'd like to put Saber up against any oil in this thread at 100:1 and see which saw blows first with a zip tied trigger. Any takers? Stock saws brand new. ?? Wouldn't that tell all of which oil is the strongest? I mean c'mon, any oil can hold up at 32:1. Just saying. I like extremes.

That was a very good running 064 Tree Monkey.

Looks like someone took a torch to that end to me
It sure don't look good.
Sometimes these guys have crank bearing issues, (this one got real hot at least one time) and wanting to have a good amount of oil on whatever is left of the main bearings leads guys to run more oil and consider the marginal difference in power loss or gain as a secondary consideration.

not buying the whole certified oil thing. sorry. stihl ultra is certified and it's dirty as crap. I've ran it in my saws for years at 40:1 , 45:1 and 50:1. DIRTY no matter what. Have heard from several people it's even worse at 32:1.
Stihl HP Ultra is JASO-FB. The lowest certification on JASO ratings.

Back