661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the process of elimination.

Even if it makes what I've done successfully for years not as good.

My thought is that a lower viscosity oil will stand out but not by much. A Dyno test would be great!

has anyone tried this ,guy at the bike shop said was good stuff
19.png

A 362c is one of the most oil/ratio sensitive saws I've ever run stock. You know almost at idle if things are going to go well or not.

Then there is the question of electronic or manual saws. I would suspect the electronic saws take the tuning bias away to some extent.

IIRC, Redline is one that is still known to cause rust in the bottom end.
Friend of mine was sponsored by them ,they had him running 64 to 1 in his cr125 ,he was a pro supercross rider at the time ,never had a oil failure at 64 to 1 .

this thread was created to find the best oil. Not about "use whatever I want". Your concerns when choosing an oil seem to be solely based on price and availability.

Furthermore the physical and chemical properties of super m, k2 and lucas are vastly different between the 3. Which you don't seem concerned about at all.

"where do I dig up this crap" I'm trying to find the best oil. That is what this thread is about. If it was about using whatever...then you'd have 20 different posts of everyone saying well I've used this for years and it's great and they carry it locally so it's cheap and that's what I buy.
Good luck in your search finding the best for every situation and application....I'm all out of Maxima so I'm using Lucas again for right now anyways. I used the last little bit of K2 i had and wanted to try Super M and its now gone. Would i use it again? Probably.

And yes price and availability is important to me using a gallon to a gallon and a half of it a month.

Good luck in your search finding the best for every situation and application....I'm all out of Maxima so I'm using Lucas again for right now anyways. I used the last little bit of K2 i had and wanted to try Super M and its now gone. Would i use it again? Probably.

And yes price and availability is important to me using a gallon to a gallon and a half of it a month.
You should buy Bailey's Synthetic when they have free shipping!

I lean towards using full synthetic ester 2T oils for several reasons. They are polar, they offer greater shear value, they can be formulated to combust at the right temperature, and they can be formulated to burn cleaner. For these reasons I believe that they will give me better long term protection, which for me is the most important factor.

That being said, I believe there are many synthetic blends that can provide yeoman service to the vast majority of users. We are uber fanatical here, but I think the vast majority of users would not notice the difference. The problem with synthetic blends is that the base stock can be any mixture, and since the Castrol suit, highly refined mineral oils can be classified as synthetic ( another reason I focused on full synthetic esters ).

Between the equipment manufacturers, the oil producers, and the independent oil raters, I would suspect that there has been tens of thousands of hours of research done on this subject. And is continuing to be done. By chemists and engineers that have spent their careers immersed in this subject. I suspect that the research done by manufacturers that is made available is filtered through marketing. And EPA mandates. I would think that the engineering divisions of any of the oil producers and bottlers would know how to produce an oil that is suitable to the particular demand. The producers of oil formulate oils to a price point. They also produce "boutique" oils that are probably cutting edge. Whether or not it is worth it to you is your decision.

Back