661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's set up a test log and mill with one or several different ones at 50:1, 60:1 and up and see if they'll make a single cut, half cut, 5 cuts, etc. 12x12 block of hardwood and maybe some earthquakes since they're cheap.
If you want to find the best lubricating properties, they recommend 50:1, and I'm sure there's a safety factor built in. Run a couple at 80 or 100:1 and see which one lasts the longest. You'd need a saw for every oil you tried. But you still wouldn't know anything about combustion properties or power at a more practical oil ratio.

If you want to find the best lubricating properties, they recommend 50:1, and I'm sure there's a safety factor built in. Run a couple at 80 or 100:1 and see which one lasts the longest. You'd need a saw for every oil you tried. But you still wouldn't know anything about combustion properties or power at a more practical oil ratio.
Then work your way back down the list from the top and settle on one with good power/cleanliness/combustion at 32:1

i have seen many saws run forever on 50:1 using the cheapest oil available.
on 50:1 i think a bone stock saw would be fine / on a modded saw i would use no less than 42:1

The Mexican's I work with just buy what ever the gas station has. They fill the can and pour in a bottle of oil...no measuring at all

I just went through a Husky 181 that was a 1984 and ran whatever oil including convient stores oils @ 32to1. The piston had a thin hard coating of carbon as well as the exhaust port. The piston skirt and cylinder was as scratch free as any I have ever seen. The ring lands looked new

I just went through a Husky 181 that was a 1984 and ran whatever oil including convient stores oils @ 32to1. The piston had a thin hard coating of carbon as well as the exhaust port. The piston skirt and cylinder was as scratch free as any I have ever seen. The ring lands looked new
All of mine look the same as your 181. But after 27 years of using crap oil and tcw3 the rod bearing finally got sloppy on my 1988 jred 625. Wonder if I could have gotten 28 out of it had I spent an extra $2000 on more expensive synthetic oil.

to me anymore cheap store brand oils work fine and if the only problem is a little carbon in the exhaust ports, i would use the oil to end.

All of mine look the same as your 181. But after 27 years of using crap oil and tcw3 the rod bearing finally got sloppy on my 1988 jred 625. Wonder if I could have gotten 28 out of it had I spent an extra $2000 on more expensive synthetic oil.
:ices_rofl:!! Well of course

im using some lawn boy oil that is in a round metal 8 oz cans its a bit old but works fine. smells a bit odd and smokes some to.
i ran a few tanks of it in the 590 it didn't die but i killed the skeeters for about a mile.

I wonder what is wrong with Super M???? It is supposed to be decent stuff.
Am trying Yamalube next, it does have a good track record it seems

Sent from my non internal combustion device.

Latest posts

Back