661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RedMax oil used to be $30.00 a gallon at the local dealer, not sure these days. Never used any, figured I would check it out next week and see what the price there was. I would have to order Lucas in the gallon jugs so if the RedMax was stocked local it wins, unless of course it smells bad or costs more.

Right like Yamalube R2. In that case I see no real technical differences between R2 and Motul 710. So why don't you like 710? You not making any sense IMHO.
Its not the presence of solvents it's the amount and the intended application. 2R is a pre mix oil and has solvents present because it contains PIB. All oils with PIB contain solvents because the stuff is extremely viscous and the solvents are needed to keep the product t blended.
I am sure 710 is just fine, however I prefer to use a purpose blended pre mix oil in a pre mix application.
Make sense?
Further the two oils are night and day different with respect to formulation and intended use. 710 uses low to medium viscosity esters and a higher solvent content, while 2R uses a medium viscosity mineral oil blended with a very high viscosity PIB with some solvent to facilitate blending. 2R is intended for pre mix use in high BMEP motors, while 710 is intended for oil injection use scooters and the like in europe.

Motul - specifically told me (and I posted it) that 800 would be a better choice.

Also said even 710 at 32:1 and 800 at 50:1 - 800 would STILL offer more protection.

710 - probably something to do with the base fluid as well on it being injector vs 2R not being premix.

Just making sure, as it really looked like polishing. I also taught I could see some carbon in the combustion chamber, but as you said the pic quality is poor.
Oh you're spot on there.. There was a **** ton when I bought it, and there's still some now.. Not in the squish area and mostly on the exhaust side.
Piston has a little, but not near as bad as I've seen..

Right like Yamalube R2. In that case I see no real technical differences between R2 and Motul 710. So why don't you like 710? You not making any sense IMHO.
He is right, some oils are for premix some for injectors and some claim they can do both. Focussing just on technical specs will not help your quest to find the most suitible oil for chainsaw application.

He is right, some oils are for premix some for injectors and some claim they can do both. Focussing just on technical specs will not help your quest to find the most suitible oil for chainsaw application.

I understand this, however I have a hard time believing certain things, especially some of the information provided by the manufactures. The theory of an oil being more slick makes me skeptical, to be honest I call total BS on that. The issue is about providing stable viscosity, film strength. Additives like PIB sound more like a way to get around lower quality base stocks than anything else.

I've ran quite a bit of 800 and 710. I find 800 to drool oil at most any ratio. 710 is fine as premix IMHO.

I still prefer the behavior of ester oils, which is noticeable when you use some as assembly lubricant. R2 just sits on the surface, ester oils penetrate and cling to the surfaces.

Just my thoughts take them for what they are.

That looks really good. I myself have never seen 800 burn like that, I always see oil covering the entire inside of the muffler can. Now a part of that may or may not be do to having an open up exhaust.
When milling I got zero drool at 25:1 with it. In the 550 cutting firewood it drools.

Back